Opinions on newest NHT Absolute Zero

I'm considering buying the newest in the "Zero" line from NHT, the Classic Absolute Zero. I know the Super Zero got tremendous reviews from every source I could find and it looks like the more recent Absolute Zero should be even better, but I can't really find many good reviews.

If anyone owns or has had a chance to listen to the Absolute Zero speaker from NHT, I would love to know what you think.

In my setup, they will be placed on a bookshelf in a 16'x20' room that is fairly live. Since the Absolute Zero is an enclosed design with bookshelf placement considered in the design, and with NHT usually making a warmer speaker, it seems like a good fit if the sound quality is up to par.

Any help is appreciated!
128x128heyitsmedusty
hey dusty, hold on there pardner. i've owned nht 2.5 and given nht bookshelves as gifts. large and small. nht makes a good speaker. it just aint about price tho... yes for a mere $200? they are probably well worth it. BUT don't kid yourself into thinking they have the ability to recreate acoustical instrument musical sound to a well trained ear. it took me years to rediscover what truly hi end gear could do and i was always content during this learning process. many a-goners are just a little further down this road than you might be or maybe not. no big deal!:) i loved my 2.5's but my kestral 2's ARE more realistic at making MUSIC. if amazing sound were available cheap, trust me, we would be snapping it up. we are not all md's or hi fi snobs:)
No Stands for Absolute Zero.
I'm sure you made up your mind YEARS ago, if you did "pull the trigger" on the NHT Absolute Zeros I'm sure you've found that there's absolutely ZERO speakerstands available that will securely hold these speakers. Even buying the speakerstands recommended from the NHT HiFi site directly for the Absolutes you quickly find that none of the included brackets will work with these speakers.

-You can sit the speakers on a stand (and subject them to the risk that someone or something is eventually going to knock them over and ruin them); or you can make your own mounting system/bracket for these speakers (pretty ridiculous). -Those are your options.

Wall mount "omni" mount options exist, but if you want to create a 5.1 NHT Classic series system and your rear channels will be in the middle of the room and cannot be wall mounted, be prepared to be incredibly frustrated as countless NHT Absolute Zero buyers before you have been.
Actually, I can't speak to any experience with these speakers. As soon as I bought them, I included them in a trade for the Thiels that are in my system as of this posting. Best audio decision I ever made.

- Dusty