Sophia 2 vs. Vandersteen Quatro

Can you all help? I'm considering the quatros or the Sophia 2s. I realize that they're different but wanted some opinions on which is better. I really like the sound of both but it's hard to decipher b/c I've listened at different dealers in different rooms with different equipment. Has anyone compared the two? Thanks for the help.
briandwyer
Steve,

You sound like you are on a Vandersteen crusade. They are wonderful speakers as is the Sophia. I can't imagine anyone hearing them not being impressed even if they prefer
something else. I could live, happily, with either.
Have not heard the Vandersteen. Although I'm sure it's quite good. The wilson is fantastic. Expensive, yes, but good sound will cost you a little.

Steve, just because you don't understand the idea behind a 7" driver doesn't mean it doesn't get the job done.

FYI, wilson is not the only one that inverts the polarity of the midrange driver. Have you ever heard a pair of wilsons?
I listened extensively to the Sophias, the Watt Puppy and the Maxx (the last I could no way afford) when I was on my quest to replace Dynaudio Contour 3.0s. I liked the Sophias at first because the bass and high treble were emphasized. After awhile I noticed the mid range was not to my taste.

Having said all this, one of the most impressive demos ever was a Watt Puppy powered with Classe amps and Levinson front end at the audio show in Montreal a few years ago. They were playing soem big band Count Basie music. But the room had been treated to the gills and there was no way this type of set up could be found in my home. I'm not bashing Wilson, I just question the design philosophy; why not use the reasearch resources and focus on accuracy is what I don't understand? Because it's not important? See?