Comparison of Thiel CS2.4 vs. Vandersteen 3A Sig.

Interested in hearing about any comparisons between these two speakers, Thiel CS 2.4 and Vandersteen 3A Signatures, integration into rooms, ability to drive speakers, sound quality, any new updates or options that should be considered, etc.
audibleguy
I have 1.6s sw-1 sub, I had it downstairs, rec room, concrete floor with full rug, 18x22 great sound with minumal fuss. I than moved everthing upstairs to an area, country kitchen and small rec.16x28 hardwood floors, lots of windows and blinds etc. What a dissapointment, terms like harsh, fatigue disorentated sound, fitted right in. I stayed with it using placement, some sound absorbing, etc, and now have fairly great sound. Crazy business this high end. Jerry G
Bartok, I still am puzzled about no tubes with Vandy, the 3A and 5A were both tube powered at the store I checked them out in, and although it was the model down from the 3A (2C OR A???) they were tube powered for part of the Stereophile review in june 2006 issue..... yes it would take a great tube amp to get SPL's kicking but to say you cant use tube power is just plain wrong.
I agree with Chad. Vandy 3A work superbly with tube amps.

Bartok is simply incorrect.
I' was only stating what my friend said about his V 3A's. "the V3A's prefer good a good source of power, ss is best" this is what he said.Regardless of how much tube power is required to get results, I find the V 3's too warm for my preference. Too much midrange presence in the room. Ken loves the V 3's, whereas he finds my speaker a bit "cold/thin". Its all about personal preference. Can't recall his ss mono blocks, but he had the Red rose M3 Sig Silver preamp.So I guess you could track down a power tube amp for the job, but then you are working under more restrictions. IOW, trying to match a tube amp to DRIVE EFFECTIVELY the V3's. Whereas they are countless big ss amps that will perform the task. This is what i meant.
Hope that clears things up abit.