Need your help finding a pair of speakers.........

Hello all,
I just sold a pair of AndraII's. Everthing is packed and ready for my helper to pick-up for shipping on Tuesday 12/27/2006. I have a budget of $20K-30K. Can you please give me some recommendations based on experience? It took me a long time and a lot of money to find the Andra's but my curiosity got the best of me so here i am looking for new stuffs. I would like to keep my electronics (conrad/johnson top-of-the-line). For the last 5 years, I have not kept anything for more than a year. This time, i would like to buy a pair of speakers that I can keep for a long time. If needed I will expand my budget but prefer not. No WILSON please, I have tried and they are not for me.
Thanks for your time,
Gina
Ag insider logo xs@2xginas
Thanks Boa2, I for the life of me couldn't figure out where the 50 hours came from.
I have heard the top-of-the-line CJ gear with Joseph Audio speakers , and the sound was awesome, whether listening to a jazz trio or Catherine Wheel, and everything in between.

Hope that helps.
How about this?....Jtinn says" It is better than the MBL 101e and all the kharmas line.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vaslt&1165063432&read&keyw&zzevolution%20acoustics
I don't know anything about the Andra's so I can't recommend a replacement (though the Vandersteens are a good choice). What I would strongly suggest, if you haven't already done so, is to invest heavily in room upgrades. Get with a company like Rives and have a room worthy of $20k-$30K speakers designed for you! It's highly probable the room is what is causing your dissatisfaction.
Avalon Eidolon Diamonds would be my recommendation.

The Eidolons are incredible speakers and with the new diamond tweeters, they are even better.
(Wish I could afford them actually!!!)

My friend with the Eidolons is very similar to you, in as that he loves to experiment. However, since he got the Eidolons, he has been cured of that, at least in regard to his speakers. (He has kept them for about 4-5 years now.)
FYI, his list of past speakers looks a lot like yours, in as that he too tried the Thiel 7.2s, the Martin Logans, etc..
(BTW, he uses the Lamm M2.2s to drive his Eidolons, and they work great! He tried out about half a dozen amps before coming to that conclusion, btw!)

The only thing I will warn you about with the Eidolons is that they are ruthlessly revealing, so your electronics need to be up to snuff (quality wise), as well as very powerful (200 wpc for SS amps, or 400 wpc for tube amps).

My two cents worth.

PS They are gorgeous to look at too!