Talon-New owner-NO customer service

I have a Talon Roc I purchased from a fellow Audiogon member. It developed a buzz after two months of use. I called talon, now owned by Rives and told them the problem. I got a call from Katie saying they no longer dealt with the amp manufacturer but she would call me back. She didn't so I called a week later. Basically they weren't interested in my plight, even if if I paid for out of warrenty service. They did say I could replace the amp for $1600!!!!! That is a "we don't don't care, but if you pay this-we will-price"!!!! A call to Richard got me, "go buy a Crown amp for a $1000 and make a wood panel for the back"
BEWARE---it appears Rives do not want to support Talons existing products!!!
128x128robyatt
Rives has been a LONG time member and contributor to this board, and has many times gone WAY out of his way to help others. To many here, his reputation is WELL known and appreciated.

There ARE some risks in buying in the used market. Being one who has purchased used gear who's manufacturer was no longer in business, and used gear which the manufacturer refused to repair or correspond regarding, I feel REALLY WELL qualified to have a sense of how the used market IS.

Those who do not wish to be aware of those risks should seriously consider purchasing elsewhere.

As Nrchy stated (quite correctly),
"I'm at a loss to understand why Rives has any more responsibility to fix your sub than you have..."
"I'm at a loss to understand why Rives has any more responsibility to fix your sub than you have..."

That's fine. But you hear plenty of stories on these forums about manufacturers going above and beyond for folks that bought equipment used and/or out of warranty. A little good publicity goes a long way.....
Just my .02 cents here. If you're going to buy used, then you got to expect if things don't work our right, then it's your "tough luck". Most manufacters aren't going to take care of "second owners" and there ain't going to be any warrenties. Every now and then a manufactuer will go the "extra mile" for a second owner, but truth is, they really don't have to, and to expect otherwise is unrealistic. If you can't deal with that reality then perhaps you should buy new.
Post removed