Can someone guide me as to what Single driver ??

I am interested in single driver speakers as I have owned 30 pairs of the major brands over the last 20 years, and have gone through upgrade fever over and over. I have been reading good things about SD with set amps which I own, I would only like to spend < 1500$ if posible ALso, can you add a top loading super tweeter to the binding posts to boost the highs?? recommedations? Seems to be a cult thing.
bbchem
Check out the Hornshoppe Horns. Ed is a great guy to deal with and he got me to take the leap. I've never looked back. Check out his 'why' section at his site: thehornshoppe.com.
Thanks, I would love to build the Hempcones, but I have n also noone to cut the cabinets, I quess the best way is to purchase them from Omega for example, but I cn't afford the high cost right now. It seems interesting though, and thanks
for the answers, the horn shoppe sound good and is more reasonable, but don't offer Hemp drivers yet I think.
I thought would get my two cents in. I have a pair of Omega Grande 6 have been driving them with all kinds of tube amps. I currently have them hooked up to a little pair of Dared vp 20 monoblocks. At around 15-20 watts, these make them sound the best yet. I also have a Titanic 10 inch sub and they integrate well with it. But the tweak that really put the life in the system is when I put the omegas on a pair of mapleshade speaker blocks. What a great tweak. They just opened up in soundstaging and tone.
Larry,

I placed the isolation footers from UltraFi under my HempAcoustics speakers and they made a tremendous difference. Imaging really snapped into focus and the minor boominess in the bass disappeared. Here's a link for anyone interested in trying a relatively inexpensive tweak that actually does something:

http://www.ultrafitimes.com/IsolationFooters/tabid/122/Default.aspx

Enjoy,

TIC

TIC
The thread's to this subject have made very enjoyable reading and its also nice to read about 'grass roots' stuff.