Best speakers under $3K for tube amps,

Best picks.
Also i'd like to know if you have a 86db speaker and has 2 midwoofers/1 tweet. And another speaker with same drivers rated 86db but is a 2 way/single midwoofer/tweet. Will the load on the tube amp be the same? Or get a better response using the 2 way speaker, thinking that the amps current is divided up less. The Tubes being KT models.
bartokfan
I'm running a pair of original JMlabs Micro-Utopias on 24 watts of EL-34 power and couldn't be happier. The sound is big and room filling, albeit a smallish room, and as detailed and transparent as anyone could want. They can usually be found used for $2500-3000 and they're a super value. Best speakers I've ever owned, and before I got them I thought I'd always go with floorstanders for the bass. Boy was I wrong!!
"chazzbo often has pretty good points...." Yes his typos are bad, but as you say has more to say that many others with better spelling.
Still waiting on more high sensitivity suggestions.
I thought Scan speaks were, but they rate at 87 like their cousins the seas'.
Another interesting speaker may be Cabasse's top line, with the white foam cone drivers. Anyone know the specs/sound response?
A little known line in the USA, made in france.
I found the Cabasse Jersey better than the spendor 8 the other day. Spendor8/$3100, Jersey/$1100.
Horn designs are wayyyy to big to my taste. My Thors blend into any size room. Even in a small room their presence do not attack you.