spendor 3/5 vs era vs avi vs vienna acoustics hayd

i may violate the cardinal rule when making a purchase. i may take a big chance and make a mistake.

i am looking for a mini monitor and have narrowed it down to:

spendor 3/5, era ($600), avi neutron 4 and vienna acoustics haydn 2.

i will not be able to compare them and may not be able to listen to all of them.

i will have to rely on judgements from dealers, manufacturers and serious listeners. i may be able to use logic and "common" sense (hope i have it) to try to wade through all of the comments on these products.

ok: i am trying to find a speaker under $1500, decent bass response (flat to 60 hz), little cabinet resonance, somewhat laid back and a soft upper mid/lower treble response.

which of the 4, if any would be the best choice, and why ?

this would be a second speaker. my primary speakers are quad 63s and maggie 1.6 .

thanks for your help.
mrtennis
gentlemen, thanks for your suggestions.

at this point, i am looking for a chario academy one.

having heard this speaker driven by a jadis orchestra integrated amp, i think this speaker is my best choice. unfortunately i have not seen one for sale.
a note regarding the silverline speakers.

i have visited the silverline room several times at ces shows of the past and have not found their performance as described by 213cobra.

i experieneced a very clear, highly resolved, unforgiving perspective of the music.
I am surprised you didn't mention Zu Druids and Tones as options. A pair of Druids is listed as "2100 OBO", so could be only a very small stretch from his budget. A pair of Tones just sold for 1150.
Mrtennis,

I think you're correct about Silverline if you heard the SR11, SR12 or SR17. And some of the floorstanders. But the SR15 and SR16 are voiced differently and each should be appealing in different ways to someone seeking what the original poster described.

Phil
Well, Aktchi, he asked for a small monitor form factor and it wasn't clear he wanted used. Druids take up only the same floor space as a small monitor with stands, so they ought to be viable for that kind of placement, but I usually find that somehow people who ask for small monitors don't perceive a floorstander as a sub for a monitor + stands. As for Zu Tone, yes certainly, though it costs more than $1500 new. It is well above the size of the Spendor and the Vienna so I didn't presume.

I've owned in the past S3/5, Haydn and Silverline SR16. If the poster has the space, Tones or Druids from Zu are better still. For any of the monitor speakers, great, not merely good, stands are essential. It can make a very large difference, especially in quality and extension of bass. Stay alert for a pair of used Osiris 24" and fill them with shot or sand.

Phil