Verity Audio

Hi All,

Has anyone tested or own the Verity Audio Tamino or especially the Tamino Monitor? I am exploring the option of setting up a 2ch system using Spectral Audio components and am looking for a small monitor such as a Tamino or a Dynaudio S1.4. I am at the beginning of my search so any comments would be great.
redspectral
Hard to beat but if you cast youe\r net wide enough you will defintely find more bang for the buck elsewhere.Great stuff but listen to others that fit your budget and size requirements asnd you may go with another brand.Hear I mention Ushjer which has copied the very best Scanspeak drivers so closely that scanspeak is suing them.I think that Verity is and excellnt product and I like it's pefromance in a compact package but you may find other companies that might save some money if it's and issue.I know it's mass market but DEQX has helped NHT make an amazing sub/sat sytem for $6K list that optimizes the all of the components used.The sophiosticated DEQX 2.6 pre/processor can make a $1500 speaker sound like a $10K model and unlike the NHT will correct the room it's in which as a rule has been up to 50% of the sound you get from your system and speakers.Chek out DEQX set it up if you can or hire one of the tecj\hs to set it up and you canbroaden the speaker brand considerably,exceed the Verity and ave money to boot.That said if I had a smaller enclosure that could not support large horns like Avantegardes and money wasn't an object the Veruity line especially the Parsiofals could be spoeakers I could live with forever.I am sure that with the smaller boxes you cann get the house sound and with a fast (non HT) sub you could have a hell of a set up with the Tamino's.I know this eesm like a contrdictory response but put simply I guess it's that they have wondefull products it's just that with new producst like say the Diamond series B&W 800 line you may be paying a premium for the sound.
Regards
Chazzbo
The Tamino is a bit of a speaker searching for itself in the Verity line. Although it does share the same exquisite attention to details, it never really took off as much as their award-winning Parsifal and Fidelio.

Part of this can be explained by the X2 and X3 versions (was there an x1 ?) that have different bass properties. In some rooms, these are bass-heavy in other set-ups, one of these can be just perfect.

IF I were you I would phone the nice folks at Verity (Julian or Bruno) and ask them - not if there speakers are great, they are- but what are the specific caracteristics and the ,'whys'' for these different Tamino versions, as they do differ.

I am a past owner of Verity speakers, and I can attest to their greatness, although I feel the Tamino may be a bit pricey here.

Hope this helps !
I bought a used pair of Tamino 3 years ago.
I think they are really overpriced, you can get much better performances with cheaper speakers.
A Hyperion 938 for exemple is way better and you can buy 2 pairs for the price of 1 Tamino.

It's also very hard to find the good amp for those speakers...
Wow thanks for the great comments everyone! I do agree they are little pricey and will definitely have to audition them. I will let you all know the results.