Ordered Visaton B200 for open baffle. Am I alone?

I'm posting this on the Speakers forum because it seems so easy to do it qualifies I think. Anyone else gone down this route. if so, whats your opinion? I will post what they do for me. Cheers, david
gilbodavid
Nope, you;re not alone:) I tried the 200 on a 3'x4' baffle. As a "beginner's OB"... It turned out to be much more than a "beginner's" application.
See how it turns out for you. Check out Linkwitz (if you haven't already).
I am using the PHY KM30 SAG in an open baffle. I am ecstatic with the results. Unlike Mbhcid, I wouldn't describe them as warm and lush in my system. But then again, he is using them with a 2A3 & 300B. I am driving them with a Berning ZH270 which would explain a lot of the differences we might be hearing.

However, I would agree with Mike that they play BIG with fabulous imaging, great tonality and a realism that is spooky at times.

I am using a Velodyne DD12 to supplement the PHY's below 40HZ, but when I turn my sub off, I really don't lose that much. But I do think my system sounds better with the sub on.

I won't be going back to boxes anytime soon. I am sold on the amazing "openness" of an open-baffle design. Quite frankly, I am surprised at how few have tried OB's. I am certain that many would be shocked at the OB sound compared to boxes.
I'm thorougly enjoying them in a set of 2x3 temporary baffles made from cork bulletin boards from Wal-Mart.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68920
Fiddler, I probably should have prequalified my "warm & lush" statement by divulging that my last speaker was a Lowther-based design ;^)