OK WILSON OWNERS. HERE IS YOUR CHALLENGE

It seems thay many of us (including myself) have been a little too caught up in personal attacks/defenses of Wilson speakers. What we really need is an honest first hand assesment of WP 7,Max2,X2 vs high end alternative selling for less-much less. So here is my challenge : I will haul my Wilson Benesch Chimeras ( 20k plain,24k as finished in burled walnut) a reasonable distance from my home near Atlanta to hook up to YOUR system in YOUR room to compare to YOUR wp7,max,x2's. Only caveat is my speakers are less efficient (88 db) so have lots of power for fair comparison. Comparison is for: accuracy , musicality, enjoyment,value and anything else YOU want. Just be willing to be HONEST in your assesment. You have MY word that I will admit it on this forum if I am wrong and will bow down to Wilson if they earn my respect in direct comparison to my beloved WB's. I believe that even in a system optimized for Wilsons you will the beauty of a high end less costly alternative. - Jim
Ag insider logo xs@2xaldavis
Boa2 :Why is it that this subject hastraditionaly devolved into name calling and inuendos about peoples characters. Can you not concieve as possible that I and others might just be interested in learning more about this HOBBY of ours. I don't remember such attacks on the cd player shootouts or any other topic actually. People were really interested in the strong points of the various players. I didn't get the sense that they used there equipment (pun intended) to validate ther masculinity. The subject of value came up several times in discussions of emm,reimyo,esoteric vs. alex's modded units but I don't recall any insinuation that emm owners were "idiots". I think people, rightfully, were looking for high performing, less costly alternatives in DIRECT comparison. Somehow this discussion always devolves because the subject of 'value' in highend audio in general and Wilsons in particular brings out very few THOUGHTFUL inquires. Surely there is someone else who thinks about the subject and wants to have some FUN learning/experiencing something new. Jim
Jim, relax big guy. We're just have fun with that ridiculous post of yours. I have had them. Well not quite that ridiculous. If you can't take the heat, try Audio Asylum. It's part of the territory around here. No hard feelings. Now Boa2, what was that about your penis? Or was it Jims'?
I believe that even in a system optimized for Wilsons you will (?) the beauty of a high end less costly alternative
It occurs to me that you initiated this thread in order to teach someone a lesson, Jim, not to (as you say) "have FUN learning/experiencing something new. If I misread your post, excuse me. I did not interpret it as an inquiry, but rather more of a statement. If indeed you want to have fun comparing speakers, what do I care? I still contend that a group comprised predominantly of men will inevitably gravitate towards a game called "mine is bigger/better than yours." In fact, this happens to be the prevailing exercise in these threads. Furthermore, upon re-reading your initial post several times, I can't help reading as anything but an invitation to play that very game, with a predicted winner in mind even before it begins. So, have fun. Start your engines...
Now Boa2, what was that about your penis?
Low watt/high efficiency, Warrenh. I thought I'd made that perfectly clear.
Aldavis/Jim:

Well, if you ever do find someone to do the test, I'd like to know the outcome. I'm a big believer in emperic testing. Here's a big reason why: I once read and researched a line of loudspeakers that looked great on paper, were aesthetically beautiful, and which I thought would sound phenomenal. Went to company headquarters to listen, and (to my ears anyway)...YUCK. They weren't the Wilsons and I won't name the brand, but the point is that people need to listen for themselves.

So......FWIW: Your offer, to me at least, sounds useful and even (sort of) conciliatory rather than arrogant, although different people perceive things in different ways, so it's not necessarily surprising that some people found it potentially offensive.