Am i obliged to buy when seller refused at first..

I gave an offer to an amp recently and seller refused the offer through message. I moved on, and after 1 and half day seller accepts my offer without taking my approval and since I did not purchase he gave me a negative feedback, and audiogon charges for backing out. Am I wrong here ? I would have definitely bought the amp if he had accepted my offer at first place or gave me a counter offer which I accept.
veerapaneni
Best to always ask the seller to move the transaction to eBay so you get more safety and security. Ebay works much better of buyers then sellers.
Wow, I see a lot of people don't understand how this Audiogon system works at all. I'm not saying that I agree with the system, but there is a BIG difference between refusing an offer and declining an offer.
Do some research, find out how the system works, then work the system. That is what the seller did.
As Swampwalker suggests, state your case with the documented messages and you'll at least get the neg. feedback removed.

Jmcgrogan2 has made a profound statement. This guy knows how to work the system; he's never going to get burned on a transaction.
When I read about this new rule last year I was disgusted. This decision by AgoN is very arbitrary and leaves the consumer at the mercy of someone who all s/he want is to probably unload something in a hurry. If this individual (seller) is not the understanding type you could be in for a rough ride. Instead of keeping a level playing field, AgoN has sided with the seller in this case. I have not agreed to the new rules as I refuse to give up my CC number. I still browse but I have not made any offers as I know AgoN is going to try to lock me in. It is a good thing we have a couple of options out there still.
Audiogon expects users to know the rules and John (Jmcgrogan2) is correct, the offer is in effect until the seller declines. My first thought was that the seller's email declining the sale, and subsequent failure to "officially" decline the offer, could have been an attempt to drive up the buyer's original offer. However, a search of the seller shows he has been around here for 15 years (since 2000) and has maintained all positive feedback. Also, the neutral (originally negative) feedback message alleges the buyer failed to respond to emails. Given the buyer also has/had all positive feedback going back 5 years, I would have to see the email communication on both sides to form an opinion. If the seller's email to buyer declining the sale does in fact exist, a pass would have seemed a reasonable outcome.