Am i obliged to buy when seller refused at first..

I gave an offer to an amp recently and seller refused the offer through message. I moved on, and after 1 and half day seller accepts my offer without taking my approval and since I did not purchase he gave me a negative feedback, and audiogon charges for backing out. Am I wrong here ? I would have definitely bought the amp if he had accepted my offer at first place or gave me a counter offer which I accept.
veerapaneni
According to Audiogon rules, yes, you are obliged to buy for 48 hours, the offer is declined, or counteroffer made when making an offer. Offline contact with the seller/buyer has no bearing on the official offer. Sort of like things said off the record and on the record.

You should have replied to his e-mail and ask him to decline the offer immediately if he refused it in the email. That's life in the Audiogon jungle.
I see this is very recent. Maybe there is still time for you to Message him to work out the sale.
John,

It's been a long time since I bought on Audiogon, so I'm not current on its rules.

You mean you can't retract an offer before the seller accepts? What's the reason for this "good for 48 hours" offer? It certainly prevents the buyer from pursuing a competing item within that 48 hours.
You could try to use the dispute resolution system to get the neg. fdback removed. State your case, they'll also see how much pos. fdbk you have.