Beware How I was ripped off

A while back I saw an add posted for some Tannoy drivers that I was interested in. I opened some dialogue and ended up purchasing them. The seller was "audiosource", Paul Berger, and did have a few transctions with positive feedback. On the phone he said he was opening a store in Poland for hifi. He said he could not do paypal and I had to do bank transfer. Due to the positive feedbacks I decided to go through with it. Lo and behold a few months go by and I have not recieved my speakers. He is very reassuring stating that they are going by boat and it takes a long time. Finally we get to the point were he promises to refund. Unfortunately he never does and doesn't respond to any more emails. Lesson learnt I will never send bank transfer again. Do not purchase anything form this scammer!
analogluvr
Dkarmeli that story just sounds to fishy to my ears...If what you say is true? All of us would be purchasing 25k speaker systems, and putting in false claims while burning the candle at both ends keeping the gear and cash...there's more to that story...
Everyone - use a major Master Card or Visa credit card (Bank of America, Chase, etc) to fund your PayPal payment when making a purchase.

Should there be any problem with the purchase, contact both PayPal and your credit card. These credit cards offer exceptional buyer protection. I've had several instances (on eBay) when PayPal orphaned me and my credit card issued a total refund promptly.

This is why PayPal defaults to using the payment with a bank account, and why it used to have a confirmation trying to steer the user away from using their credit card to fund payments.

Exceptional protection without additional cost.

Life it too short to not listen to music that stirs our senses and moves our souls - Thomas.
Shipo, you're welcome to your opinion. Fortunately, most transactions aren't done with crooks. You'll see that while most vendors will accept credit cards for large, i.e. $10k+, fewer and fewer are accepting PayPal in this market and on eBay.

david
Paypal is seller/vendor biased. Never use them as a buyer. Just build up feedback the old fashion way. Be honest and treat as you would want to be treated and you'll get + feedback. You will not need the paypal crooks. There will always be someone you can't please. This "audiosource" didn't have enough feedback to trust with a wire transfer. Live and learn.
I was scammed for a Seiko watch from Singapore - ended up getting an empty box. PayPal told me to go pound sand. I lost only $110, but I'll never use PayPal again. Buyer beware!