Classe CA-200 and B&W 805N combo??

Hi,

I'm at a crossroads with my system and its got me pretty frustrated. In the past 6 months, I've purchased a pair of Paradigm studio 100v.2 and a Mccormack DNA-1. For some reason, probably related to speaker positioning, I've been unable to get the bass that I like. I can't place these speakers five feet into my room to get a minimal amount of bass. (See system at: http://cgi.audioasylum.com/systems/7131.html) So, I've started to think about getting a pair of moniters and a Rel sub. The sound right now is way too forward. I have to turn the volume up to unacceptable levels to get any bass at all. I've tried everything and I'm at my wits end. I'm ready to sell the Mccormack also, because it also is contributing to the harsh sound. I'm thinking of getting a Classe CA-200.

I'm sorry if this simple sounds like a cry for help. I hate dealing with equipment problems. I just want the music to sound good!

John B
oregon3
www.rivesaudio.com
www.realtraps.com

For measurements, the cheapest and easiest software, imho, is Room EQ Wizard but it requires a suitable PC + soundcard + microphone. See http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.mulcahy/roomeq/

Kal
Ok. I've had it. Another night of fustrating music listening. I moved the speakers around again. Nothing is working. No bass at all and the treble is cutting through my ears. (Joy Division and PIL on vinyl.) I'm listening to my wifes i-pod to get my music fix.

I'm going away for a week and I'm not sure what I am going to do with the speakers and amp. I've just lost confidence in them. I'll consider doing measurements, but this problem is so extreme that I'm not sure that will help. It sounds so crappy.

Out. Have a great holiday.

JB
>>and the treble is cutting through my ears<<

B&W house sound. Get used to it or sell. It doesn't get any better.
I've used many B&W speakers and never once had a problem with "treble cutting through my ears"; contrary to Judy's redundant (and what has become worthless) advice.