Anyone have/ordered the Job 225?

There's almost no consumer impressions of this amp on the internet... but the 6moons review is intriguing.
girlsgeneration
No two ears are the same and I think Srajan is out to space. I don't want to bash on the guy, but he's the most artsy fartsy thing I have ever read...it's "very difficult" getting through a sentence without laughing. This said, you could have purchased a used Job amp for a price you can basically sell back and get your money back. You could have done a borrowing of the Modwright KWA-100SE and only pay the shipping to have the amp returned. This would have given you the correct answer as to which amp sounds how it does and it could well have been similar to what Srajan had to say, or completely the opposite, or somewhere in between. Point in case is I know people that have heard both, and prefer the Modwright, so it is to say, after spending what you have been spending on all these mods, you could have had a KWA-100SE from a used sale and not required sending it in since the amp has exceptional caps, transformers, etc. etc. etc.

Back on topic here...why would "anyone" pay $3500 for that link above to the Audio Circle company for a hot rodded "anything" that is out there amp? I just don't get the logic...pay $1500 for an amp, then pay well over 100% of the cost to have it modded to death...just ludicrous really.

I wonder if the dual mono version Job is working on will be a $7K amp by this hot rodding company LOL!!!!

It really makes me question the sanity levels of the audio world when you have a very fine Job 225 amp, and make so many claims about it, yet you need to have it modified??? I "never" see owners of Goldmund/Pass Labs-First Watt/name your amp company of choice...modifying their amps.

Why can't someone just offer a $200 mod for the amp that does the basics. I don't think it costs much more than $200 to achieve 99% of whatever is left to gain from modding it.
I hear you Audioexcels. Your words speak to me but to each their own of course.

I decided to post the link to the Audio Circle company because they are local to me plus I thought some folks might want to upgrade their Job 225, if funds allowed, to look the part of a high-end amplifier.
"I've already traded emails with Chris J. at Parts Connexion, and he expressed willingness to have me send in the Job for evaluation of a further upgrade path. I'm seriously considering doing so, as I don't possess the expertise to tackle such an undertaking myself, and have enough respect for the Job's basic design that I'm disinclined to just "throw darts" to see what sticks. It'd be helpful to me to hear from any other Job owners/fans who have considered these sorts of upgrade and may have arrived at some solid conclusions."

I was thinking about having the speaker terminals replaced until I read the 6 Moons review of the new JOB preamp and the interview with the designer who stated that the stock terminals sounded better than other more expensive ones, so I left well enough alone!

Your best bet to improve the sound would be to go with the Sweetcord or some other high end power cord and an upgraded fuse. Other than that, I would not mess around. It is a great sounding amp! if you are still hankering to improve the sound, wait until later this year and spring for the new mono blocks. You will likely spend less on them than spending your hard earned money on some of the after market upgrades. My 2 cents.