Sonus Faber V's Sonus Faber

What would you chose, if the price was identical between a shop demo pair of S F Guarneri's with a REL Sub and a pair of new S F Cremona's (no Sub) ?

What would be your deciding factor ?
kjgp
The Guarneri are in a different league vs the Cremona. No comparison, and no question, get the Guarneri. I listened to both and ended up with the Guarneri
I can tell you that I successfully used Guarneris with Rel Strata III. This is a sealed box sub with tremendous flexibility. The Guarneri are very refined. Make sure you get a great deal. They sell here all day for $4500-$5500 used and this is BEFORE the next Guarneri is introduced.
As an aside, the Guarneri might be the most beautiful audio component I've ever seen.
Interesting, I would say just the opposite of Branimir, but I have not done the specific A/B comparison. It may largely depend on your music preferences and certainly on room size. You will get more bass out of the Cremonas in a larger room than out of the Guarneri’s, even if the REL does help. But musically, my money overall would be on the Guarneri's.
Find a pair of Sonus Faber Extrema speakers.

The Extremas are pretty incredible !
Answers to questions raised;

Branimir

Yes it is the same small room, 15' 6" X 11" 6" with the new model Jadis Mono Blocks (30 watts using KT 90’s)

Chriskeating

Price is at the top end of your range, however the Guarneri’s are still new (ex shop demo models), Cremona’s are new in the box, considering market scale in here in Australia, I think it is a good price.

Newmanoc

Music taste, average AOR, Female vocals, and average classical use, nothing too taxing.

Seating distance would be 8 feet from the speaker face, with 3 feet behind my head and 3 feet behind the speaker