SUB TO MATCH WITH QUAD 22L'S

JUST GOT NEW 22L'S-WHAT SUB WOULD YOU FOLKS RECOMMEND AS A GOOD MATCH? I'D LIKE TO BE IN THE $400-$500 RANGE. I LISTEN MAINLY TO 2 CHANELL STEREO MUSIC.
THANKS
128x128beernut
Ok. I have no problem with good used-Audiogon! I have a studio apt approx. 25 x 35. I am basically looking to augment the bass-the quad's are impressive on their own but I've yet to hear a system that didn't benefit from proper sub enhancement. I prefer fast and tight bass as opposed to HT rumble boxes. I can go as high as $750.00 on budget.
REL strata 3, if you can stretch. It's a great sub, and now it's discontinued it appears to be holding its value. I bought one used for $800 4 years ago and they are still selling for $800 now.
Quad has a match for your speakers that you might find used. A REL STRATA III woudl also be a good one if you can find a black one used.
I have to disagree. I just received a pair of Onix Rocket ULW-10s to pair with my upcoming Reimer McCullough GS speakers. From what I can tell so far, these little gems are tight, articulate and fast. I have good response at 25hZ and they have blended extremely well with the Ohm Walsh 2s that are my interim speakers. I hope I get as good a match with the Reimers.

Oz
I agree with the last post. Try to find a used REL or a used pair of Kinergetics subs. Those are awsome and because they are out of buisness the price has dropped enough that you may hit your budget. I don't recomend the B&W, it isn't fast enough. I am a B&W dealer too. As for "theater subs" that can sound good I like Energy. (Only the 10" and 12" ones)