Short floorstanders?

Briefly, my friend is looking to replace his Linn Keilidh's for a music/HT system. He figures that 36" is about all he can handle before they will interfere with the screen. For music (the main concern) they will be matched to a Cary SLI-80 and Sony 999ES.
The only thing we've come across is the Totem Forests, but at over $4000cdn + tax new and the scarcity of them used we're looking for other suggestions. Any ideas in the $2k-$3k(usd) used is the target. His music tastes are mainly rock and jazz (eg. Macy Gray and Holly Cole).
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again all.
stuartbranson
If theres anyway he can go with up to 42"max without much interference , you might want to try the Music Goddess by Aurum Cantus and Sold through Kellsie's Audio and video in N.Y.. They sound very good with the music you like and compete with ones that cost much more in price for only about $3000.00 new.. Also if you can find a good used set of Linbrooks by Tyler Acoustics , they are also very nice sounding.. I would sell you mine at a decent price of $3800.00 shipped, but there too tall at about 50" tall..Tyler does make a smaller Linbrook version and all his speakers sound very good.. ( www.tyleracoustics.com )
www.kellsieavdesign.com
Good Luck,
Dave
I have the Totem Hawks and am ecstatic with their performance when driven with 100+W. Given the headroom they sing.