Listening triangle

Made a geographic providing me with a much larger listening room. Use to keep my monitors (Caravelle) 6 feet apart. The room dictated the design. What is your experience with distance between speakers in your listening triangle? I'm thinking, rather than 10 feet, on 8 feet. One speaker has to be about 2 feet from the side wall. The other has no boundary wall. Room is 24 feet long with 12 foot ceilings. Feedback appreciated from my fellow audiophools. thanks in advance. warren :-)wa
128x128warrenh
I spent a fair amount of time tweaking positions; optimal for my room and system was 9' between the mains with the subs alongside (inside). Reading this thread seems to indicate that the 8'-9' mains separation is the most frequently used. But of course YMMV. Good listening to all and congrats to Warrenh on finding the G spot.
:-)
Actually, if the speaker has good dispersion 8' to 10' is ideal. However less is usually ok. It just gives a smaller soundstage.

lkdog,

At an etriangle I seem to be inside the sound stage. Farther than that I get better ambiance, but I don't feel like I'm a part of the sound stage anymore. That's the best way to explain it. I guess it's more intimate (nearfield).
Robm321-
Yes! That "something" that I mentioned that kicked in is almost like sticking your head under water in the "pool" of sound.
Bad analogy, but their is some kind of boundary that is present at the e-triangle point. You are more immersed in the soundfield it seems.
Fun to experiment with. I am seemingly liking the e-triangle more than my previous arrangment right now.