Eco-friendly Bamboo ply speakers

Anyone hear the Escalante Design bamboo speakers at the NYC show this year, i missed that room somehow. They make some pretty cool claims in their ads, but how do they sound? Thats a lot of money for monitors so they have some stiff competition in that range. Can anyone respond on the sound? Thanks for listening
jalanc42069
Post removed 
If the speakers are like the bamboo cutting boards I mentioned previously, it's not a veneer. It is plywood of sorts. And SOLID. I mean SOLID. A rap of the knuckles on one of the cutting boards revealed amazing "inertness". It was about 12" x 20" x 1/2" and felt like I was knocking on Corian of similar dimensions, only much lighter.
Creeper,

You are exactly right. Bamboo that is "manufactured" is amazing. I have seen it in laminations up to 3" thick. And there are many different grades and types of Bamboo. If one doubts the strength or resiliency of Bamboo, ask anyone who has shot Bamboo longbows. I have shot then numerous times and they are incredible.

I have just ordered a Maple cutting board, but I have been contemplating ordering a Bamboo cutting board. My wife was recently given a small Bamboo cutting board as a gift and I was shocked when I tried the "knuckle" test on it. Dead, dead, dead.

If I do end up ordering one, I will post my impressions.
Cdc,

I can't find premade cabinets for the Tang-Band. Would you please provide a link.

Thanks,

Pete
I installed bamboo floors in my house...yes...it's hard as a rock...but...beware...wood dents...bamboo breaks...and then the fibers that it is pressed from can start to peel away...and then there are the splinters...man oh man...bamboo splinters SUCK!

next house...maple floors

the speakers do look cool though!