DK Design Group X-Dream - wow

Has anybody seen the review on the DK Design Group X-Dream speakers?

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue20/dkdesignsf7.htm

I better start saving up.
betterthencrack
From the review:

I thought that I had walked into a top secret NASA manufacturing facility, with workers walking around in space suits. It reminded me of a scene out of a James Bond movie, in which people were manufacturing something that could potentially take over the world.

He hadn't even heard the speakers yet. We are talking about speakers, yes? In a one page commentary without testing involved, I'm not so sure. Every few weeks, someone has to come along and raise the DK product alert level to orange. Notice how rarely we're actually talking about the products themselves. Something's working, obviously.

Marco, I'm not sure I understand your point. If it's that capitalism simply works this way, I have a hard time believing that you'd put the credence you currently do into a guy like Mike Sanders (Quicksilver) if he was paying to have someone come audition his products. It would necessarily subjugate his products to a role secondary to the image they must become in order to sell them. Fair enough, but then what are you paying for? Maybe I misunderstood your sarcasm. I apologize if I did.

I agree with Larry, let's give DK a chance. But first, I think DK needs to give itself a chance. An amplifier that was released as "better than $20 separates"--a claim made by a dealer whose address belonged to a school in Nevada-- and speakers that are apparently set to "take over the world" hardly allow the audiophile public to approach a level of intimacy with the product itself. Perhaps that is the plan. Only they can say.

Best of luck, Larry.

Howard
Well, there you go, the X-Dream speaker system is aimed at the less than 2% of the audiophile community who can afford them. Makes perfect sense. Of course there are other $25k speakers out there, but Mr. Olson emphatically states that the DK's are THE best ever and forevermore! OK. Let me just cash in a goodly chunk of my retirement savings and I'll be placing my order.

Oh, 400lbs per speaker? Another $2,000 for shipping, and $500 to have some movers carry them into the house. Hmm, while I'm at it, guess I'll have to have an engineer and contractor over to the house to make sure that the floor of my living room won't crumple under the 800lbs of aluminum. Time to trade in our car and start biking to work and everywhere else for that matter, in order to generate funds for the renovations/structural improvements. Heck, maybe I should just have a dedicated room added to the rear of the house. Perhaps most people's residence will be able to handle such mass over a relatively small area???

Any idea if my 2Wpc tube amp will drive these superlative speakers? What about the 125Wpc solid-state amp I used to own? Are the speakers more suited to certain types of music than others? Oh right, the reviewer had to travel to the manufacturer's facility to listen to the speakers, where there was only one system available to demo them and only a CD sampler from another ultra-high-end manufacturer with which to assess these incredible speakers.

How many dealers are actually going to want to have these in stock? It is to be hoped that those that do will also provide decent medical coverage for their employees, the ones that will have to carry them out to the customers' Hummer or the store's truck for home delivery.

Sheesh... ;-)
Post removed