PMC vs. ATC

Anyone with experience of these two brands?
The models i am interested in are as follows,
PMC MB-2/IB-2 "vs." ATC SCM 50/100/150
(also the active versions)
Compaired head to head, the same electronics (if not active), room aso..
I know the PMC is a transmission line speaker but what about ATC?

Thanks!
128x128inpieces
Dear Inpieces: If you really like the active loudspeakers you have to take a look to the Pass Rushmore from www.passlabs.com

I already heard the ATC and the Pass ( never the PCM ) and the Rushmore beats easily the ATC, at least to my music/sound reproduction priorities.

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
I use my PMC MB2's triamped - this is a big leap forward from monoblocks. According to PMC going fully active adds about another 5-10% performance in a treated room. I plan to convert to active using a custom crossover when the warranty runs out.
Raul there's only a $35,000 difference between the better ATCs and the Pass Labs Rushmore, they better sound better. I had high hopes for the Rushmore's but they were way too big for their room at CES. I don't doubt for a second that they're great, I just didn't hear it.
Brizonbiovizier,

You need to get up to date, the PMC's and ATC's are nearly interchangeable, the PMC's go deeper but they don't have the sense of timbre the ATC's have in the bass.

As for the highs, ATC two years ago upgraded to the SEAS from the Vifa. problem solved. I just played before i posted Megadeth, Metallica and Queensryche at 110+ dB on SCM150ASL's and no chalkboard problems,

I like both speakers its a win win especially if you go active. Whichever one costs less if you want my opinion.

PS: the SCm50's are light in the bass, versus all the other speakers mentioned.
I have listened to ATC active 10's, 20's and 100's in people's homes. They are definitely not bright with rock music let alone "nails on a chalkboard". Thiels, Triangle, B & W, Energy, Monitor Audio - these are bright speakers. With Naim pre and CDP, ATC is one of the best speakers for rock I've ever heard.
For $92,500 you can get ATC's Concept 7 which uses SCM 70 ASL. According to J. Gordon Holt Stereophile Guide to Home Theater Oct 2000:
"The C7 answered once and for all the question of whether one system can do equal justice to music and soundtracks, and the answer is a resounding YES."
" The system was so much better than anything else I've heard that it makes more sense to compare it with real sound than with other systems".