PMC Owners your opinions

Just wondering what digital sources owners of PMC speakers are using when paired with Bryston amps.

I've read the threads on AudioCircle and some like how the DAC64 sounds, while some suggest Audio Aero Capitale would work well.

What do members here think.
freakygreek
I'm still looking into the speakers themselves with the OB1's and IB1's on my short list. I might be able to stretch for a used pair of IB2's. I was ready to jump on the pair of IB1's that came up but thought better of it.

I'm currently running a 4BSST and my CDP is a JoLida modded by underwood. I would like to add a tube pre amp with HT pass through much like the VTL 5.5.

Cheers
Since there's only one reply, I'll share with you my thoughts. I auditioned the IB1s and MB2s extensively, mostly with Bryston 7B SSTs. This might not be the answer you are looking for, but a good source is a good source. I auditioned the speakers using a Levinson 390, Mac CD changer, and Sony XA777ES. No mismatch from what I heard. The Levinson sounded the best to me on CD, while the MAC was very musical. I think it would come down to personal tastes and preferences here. Sorry I can't be of more help.
MC1, OB1, 1B1, ABC, Doe Ray Mi, 1,2,3.....Who the hell can keep all that straight? Why doesn't PMC use some sort of rhyme or reason when naming their speakers? Sheesh, waaaaay too much confusion.....

Oz
Thanks guys for the feedback.

You are very right about personal tastes and preferences. What works for you might not turn my crank. A poster on AudioCircle suggested the ML 390s did nothing for them but that a DAC64 worked well. I intend to audition as many as I can. One dealer has both PMC and Wadia and I'll see how that marriage works. For the time being here are The players I've been considering:

Audio Aero Capitale
ML 390s
Wadia 861
Ayre CX-7

Cheers

I found the IB1s bass to be a bit too punchy (as if it's forced out) for my tastes, and the IB2s, which I have not heard, are supposely smoother sounding. Since you're looking at tube pres and in general, smooth sounding cdps, I'm guessing you're looking for a more refined and musical sound rather than strict accuracy. Another option to consider is to get a midprice player and use the money save to upgrade to the 7B SSTs. I think you'll obtain a better balance this way.