Your ''best kept secret'' speaker choice ?

Some manufacturers have the financial means to plaster magazines with ads. For other, they are still at the word-of-mouth stage, and many will not get past this line.

I was wondering what less-than-well-known, or obscure speaker out there stand out as particularly gifted both in sonics and value ? Could be in any price category....
sonicbeauty
I would have to say the best kept secret are the Seas' Thor's I just built, a MTM design. Ck it out on Madisound's web site. Need any help feel free to email me.
Legacy Signiture III. Very efficient, I drive mine with an Audio Research Classic 60 with no problems at all. Change out the binding posts for the good Cardas copper ones, bi-wire with good speaker wire and you're in business. Prior to buying the Legacy's, I had several different brands of electrostatic speakers, incluing Martin Logan. Until I heard the Legacy speakers, I couldn't stand box speakers because I could either hear the box, or the tweeters sounded mechanical, or both. The Legacy Signiture IIIs are in a league of their own at the price ... retail with oak finish is around $5000. I bought mine used on Ebay for $2400. The're big ... and weigh 140 pounds each. Superb highs, mids to die for, bass to make you bleed, sound stage excellent. If these babies don't do it for you ... then you need to upgrade your electronics.
ACI,

They have the Jaguar / LFM's which I own, the Sapphires, Talismans, Panoramas etc.

In addition they make some great subs: The Titan, The smaller Force, and the monster Maestro.

Here isd a link to the ACI forum on Audio Circles where the Maestro is reviewed

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewtopic.php?t=12886
Definitey Tyler Acoustics speakers. I own both the Linbrooks and the Taylos. Both can hold their own with best speakers anywhere near their respective price points.

I also agree with the Legacy and ACI recommendations too. Both companies make fine speakers.

---Dave