Hegel H300

Anyone familiar with this integrated amp or had a chance to hear it at the RMAF this year?

I would be very interested in any comments.

Thanks,
Banyon100
Ag insider logo xs@2xbanyon100
Is it possible that 55 lbs. is the shipping weight with the box and all packing?
I heard a H300 lately and IMO for all practical purposes hard to see how an amp could sound better.
No doubt that's the ship weight.
I currently have the H100 and will probably upgrade to the H300 at some point but right now I'm enjoying the H100 with my Usher MD II's. The H300 sounded very good at RMAF last year.
For the shipping weight of the H300 to be 55lbs the box, styrofoam and manual would need to add up to 12 lbs. Not likely IMHO
I recently bought the H300. To be brief, I am very very impressed. I had been looking at the Pass Int-30 and Int-150, but the former didn't have enough power for my insensitive speakers, and the latter didn't have the same rich sound.

The H300 solved the problem--and then some. It has a remarkable level of transparency, and the mid range really is extraordinary. I don't know how they've done it, but the soundstage has impressive breadth and depth. I have not heard a solid state amplifier with this kind of soundstage.

As an aside, it is also a more conventional size. So, it goes in my rack/cabinet. Most outstanding integrateds are now getting pretty wide and deep. Everything about this speaks to luxury--and convenience.

We all wonder about the reviews. Here is a product that really lives up to the buzz. And you can lift it!

Bravo.