Hegel H300

Anyone familiar with this integrated amp or had a chance to hear it at the RMAF this year?

I would be very interested in any comments.

Thanks,
Banyon100
Ag insider logo xs@2xbanyon100
I just loaned Hegel H80 (rated 75 watts per channel at 8 ohms.)
Sound fantastic with my Quads ESL 63 loudspeakers, may be even better (at half price)than Luxman L-505ux integrated amp.I returned luxman to the dealer because of hum noise heard in stage headphone, something you can not expect in such good brand. I can't think how good my speakers will sound powered by H300(my local dealer do not stock H300). The dealer has a set up (H80) with Magneplanar 1.7 speakers. Impressive sound.You don't need Audio Research to drive them to excellent result.
I tried the Hegel H300 recently and think it may be the best amp I've heard in my system.
There is a better than 50% chance I will trade in my Modwright to get one.

But an interesting anomaly that I'm not quite sure what to think of.
Hegel's website, and every review I've seen, say the amp weighs 55 lbs.
When I picked it up I thought "there is no way this thing is 55lbs", so I put on the accurate shipping scale at work.
Just under 43 lbs.
Trivial perhaps, and it's the sound that matters, but it has me wondering about the accuracy of the specs on their website.
Is it possible that 55 lbs. is the shipping weight with the box and all packing?
I heard a H300 lately and IMO for all practical purposes hard to see how an amp could sound better.
No doubt that's the ship weight.
I currently have the H100 and will probably upgrade to the H300 at some point but right now I'm enjoying the H100 with my Usher MD II's. The H300 sounded very good at RMAF last year.