Amp for Sonus Faber Amati Futura

Dear all,

I have recently purchased the Amati Futura, i am happy with the craftmanship with it.

The sound was a huge difference compare to my previous Marten Bird, my current amp is vitus SS101 + SL102, I found that somehow it is a little too mellow and lacking of heavy bass..

Any good suggestion of power amp? I was thinking Boulder either 1050 x 2 or 2060 to match with vitus SL102..

Please help :)
vkcc
I sold Audio Analogue for many years. And they make very nice sounding amps. Very musical mids, which work great with Sonus Faber. And it also can give a good deep and wide stage as well.
Bo,

Thanks for your input. I was beginning to believe that I was the only one in the world with knowledge of Audio Analogue. The musical presentation coupled with my DeCapo-BE's is intoxicating. I wish that more people knew about or could listen to them. They are truly great amps.
On another topic, I think that we are garnished with a complete change in audio.. and I would imagine other formats. My daughter talked with me recently about her work and new generation of media entertainment. The conversation centered around You Tube and other media outputs. It seems that there is really no stopping it. The advances are moving in the direction of High End audio and we will watch much of the way we use our system dissolve and be replaced by the likes of the new Olive units and other similar products. Even TV as we have know it will be reengineered to be responsive to You Tube type picks.
So what the he_ _ does this have to do with Sonus Fabar and amps ? Well the music has to get to them before either can work. Our fondness for Turntables and CD's will still be there but the flexablity of these new formats can change the synergy of the associated equipment. I haven't heard this new stuff yet, but I am dabbling with a Apple TV Toslinked to my little Jolida FX Tube Dac. By selecting the Radio Stations option on the Apple and tuning to a HD Jazz station I am simply amazed by the quality of the sound. I am more than just curious about how far this quality can be taken and if it will affect the way we perceive the relationship between our speakers and amps. Will the empty space (between the entities appearing in the soundstage) be able to be enhanced by these newer formats (?). Will the sharp edges of items (originally defined by the speed and resolution of fine speakers and amps) be able to be enhanced to a point that amplifier differences will be of no concern (?). Off topic ? Perhaps, but progress can sometimes be cruel. Just pick any amp, and let the little electronic machine do the dirty work. Your feeble mind might not be needed for making amplifier choices anymore. No brain...no gain.
Sonus Faber is like art. It is beautiful made. And it has maybe the most musical mid freq. of any brand. The only 2 limitations they have is that the stage is not as wide and deep as some other brands in this price range can give. And they do not have the best respons. So it makes them more difficult to drive. Tighter low freq. would be better.
In those price ranges there are many more. Then I doubt if they are as good as brands like Pass Labs and some Krell. Jeff Roland has a very musical sound. But I prefer Pass Labs a lot more. Stage is bigger and better timing and control compared to Jeff Roland.