Amp for Sonus Faber Amati Futura

Dear all,

I have recently purchased the Amati Futura, i am happy with the craftmanship with it.

The sound was a huge difference compare to my previous Marten Bird, my current amp is vitus SS101 + SL102, I found that somehow it is a little too mellow and lacking of heavy bass..

Any good suggestion of power amp? I was thinking Boulder either 1050 x 2 or 2060 to match with vitus SL102..

Please help :)
vkcc

Showing 5 responses by bo1972

In those price ranges there are many more. Then I doubt if they are as good as brands like Pass Labs and some Krell. Jeff Roland has a very musical sound. But I prefer Pass Labs a lot more. Stage is bigger and better timing and control compared to Jeff Roland.
Amati is a difficult speaker to drive. I only heard them good a few times. You need power and lots of ampères. Boulder is for drive and speed a good option. To be unnest in sound realims they are not the best. Also in 3d imaging there are better options. I would think about the Pass Labs X-600.5. It has everything your speaker needs. Power, ampères, stunning deep and wide stage and a very musical sound to die for.
I sold Audio Analogue for many years. And they make very nice sounding amps. Very musical mids, which work great with Sonus Faber. And it also can give a good deep and wide stage as well.
Sonus Faber is like art. It is beautiful made. And it has maybe the most musical mid freq. of any brand. The only 2 limitations they have is that the stage is not as wide and deep as some other brands in this price range can give. And they do not have the best respons. So it makes them more difficult to drive. Tighter low freq. would be better.