6L6WGC/5881 Tube choices for Amp

Dear Friends,
I have a small system in my office which punches out 40 Watts (sounds like 80 really) in pentode configuration.

I currently have the stock tubes on em - not bad, but i feel with the power tube change, things can go really sweet.

I have no knowledge on Tubes, Frankly on Ebay a quad matched pair
can range from 400-900.00 i do not know if its worth it to spend that
kind of money.

However,i am keen on changing the ECC83 to Brimar NOS.

Any help i can get is really appreciated!
thegoodarcher
I am running Tung-Sol 6L6G fat bottle tubes in my Quicksilver Mid Monos and they sound great. They look cool too. They seem well constructed and have held rock steady bias.
Thats nice to hear and i;ll keep t hat in mind - i am steering more towards
the Svetlana Winged 6LG at the moment - but it will interested in the tungsol as well...
Xti16 - very sad indeed, there wasn't a need for anyone to take that down,because they contained valuable insights into anyone who's sadly would possibly be in the same shoes regarding between two makers.

Thank you so much Xti16 for your support, i guess forums like this will strictly remain.

I found the Raidho superior, in every aspect.

Funny feeling, do you think Magico - :) had anything to do with it?
Funny feeling, do you think Magico - :) had anything to do with it?
No not at all. There are people so proud they own a product that they believe there is no better therefore everything else is junk. In this hobby I have never met anyone who hears the same as me and knows what I expect from sound reproduction. You should have seen the cr@p I got on a Dynaudio forum when I said I found a better speaker than the Dyn C1 signature being the D1. It was a LOT worse than what we saw here. I still post there too because for the money I still believe Dynaudio has the best price to performance ratio. But the Raidho sound just haunted me for months. One member who posted like MB1 finally came here to buy some Dyn C2 Platinum's and finally heard the D2's and was shocked how good the D2's sounded. But has 3 boys to put through college. He also bought a pair of Scansonic MB-1.5's for his office and started a new Raidho/Scansonic thread on that forum.
I found the Raidho superior, in every aspect.
I disagree. The Magico has better bass extension. Fine sounding speaker but the Magico sound just didn't draw me into the music like Raidho does. I do agree that for what the Raidho does do it's much better.
Xti16 - Indeed, i feel a music should be able to reproduce magic some aspect atleast for it to be declared "superior in every aspect" did not find that in magico the bass modules are better, but no insight to the music like
the D2.

Back to Tube Discussions - Guys the manufacturer says 6L6WGC by sovtek is probably the best, and moost durable - theres one german manufacturer who also makes 6L6WGC - but at this point i am confused which is superior, manufacturer says sovtek is better? that disqualifies other tubes?