6L6WGC/5881 Tube choices for Amp

Dear Friends,
I have a small system in my office which punches out 40 Watts (sounds like 80 really) in pentode configuration.

I currently have the stock tubes on em - not bad, but i feel with the power tube change, things can go really sweet.

I have no knowledge on Tubes, Frankly on Ebay a quad matched pair
can range from 400-900.00 i do not know if its worth it to spend that
kind of money.

However,i am keen on changing the ECC83 to Brimar NOS.

Any help i can get is really appreciated!
thegoodarcher
Dear Frogram,
Wonderful Pointers! and thank you so much!

Dear XTi16,
I am actually nearing for a decision to go with the D2s but just holding to
hear from one more manufacturer!

As far as the tubes go my Metropolis Amp has KT120 Output tubes which hopefully i can change to KT150 - but i do not know if theres fidelity increase or power increase, i need speak to the manufacturer.

But you are right - the preamp tubes have the greatest change as far
as playback quality is concerned, the note about Raidho works better with sometubes is a revelation.

It could have been confusing because i was earlier talking about the Synthesis Metropolis in the Raidho thread, and then Another Synthesis Here - these are not the same!

The One which will go with the Raidho or Magico is the
Metropolis 200 NYCi Integrated 240 Watts Monster.

The one for this post is the
Synthesis Shine Integrated (40 Watts Pentode Pull Pull) which
i use with Zingali Home Monitor Plus 2.10.

It Rivals some of the best setups at 3x its price!

For this mini amp i am going to take yours and frogma's advice and
source a telefunken!
Going from the KT120 to the KT150 will NOT give you any more power. You will only hear the sonic differences. Someone on another forum just upgraded from KT120's to the KT150's on an Arc Ref75 and just loves them. But he probably doesn't have 20 hrs on them yet. I want to wait to hear his impression after 100hrs or so. IMO the KT120 is a slightly dry sound with 'shouty' mids. I'm running Ei KT90's in high power mode and really like them the best so far.
I am running Tung-Sol 6L6G fat bottle tubes in my Quicksilver Mid Monos and they sound great. They look cool too. They seem well constructed and have held rock steady bias.
Thats nice to hear and i;ll keep t hat in mind - i am steering more towards
the Svetlana Winged 6LG at the moment - but it will interested in the tungsol as well...
Xti16 - very sad indeed, there wasn't a need for anyone to take that down,because they contained valuable insights into anyone who's sadly would possibly be in the same shoes regarding between two makers.

Thank you so much Xti16 for your support, i guess forums like this will strictly remain.

I found the Raidho superior, in every aspect.

Funny feeling, do you think Magico - :) had anything to do with it?