PX-25 tube amp with Merlin VSM speakers?

I love my Merlins and am mulling over an amp upgrade. I've heard of people driving Merlins with low powered SET and OTL amps, but, for example, the Art Audio PX-25 amp is only 6 WPC. Is that enough juice?

Thanks for any insights.
dazzlingmd
Thanks, Rebbi. Very interesting and intriguing story and thanks for blogging it! I'm curious to hear your impressions of the sonics once it's all done.
It's a minor mod to remove the PX-25 attenuator from the signal path.

But, your best bet is probably going with one of the higher-powered Art Audio SET amps like the Jota(20-30wpc, depending on output tube) or 16wpc Carissa. Even their PP amps like Concerto or Tempo would be glorious
Agree with Darkmoebius. I had the PX25 for a short while. Loved what it did but was just a few watts short of driving my Zu Definitions to max capabilities. I ended up with the Carissa at 16 watts, and that did it for me.
Anyway, (FYI) there is an Art Audio Diavolo up for sale on that other popular site for $2300.00. That comes in at 13 wpc.
FWIW, I had the Art Audio Carissa which had the attenuator. On it if you opened the attenuator completely it was removed from the signal path. I used it in this manner with a pre-amp. I believe all the AA amps are configured this way that have the volume control.

The Carissa was ont of the best amps I have owned or heard. I wish I could afford to get another one. I really miss that amp.
Ha anyone compared the Carissa to the Diavolo? I've heard great things about the Carissa but don't know much about the Diavolo.