ARC Quality Issues Ref75 Ref5SE Ref10

Over the past two years I had several issues with ARC Ref gear and am wondering if I'm the only one out there having so much "bad luck"?

My issues started when I bought a Ref5SE plus Ref75.
The two meters in the Ref75 had a noticeable different color and had to be replaced by my dealer.

Two of the Ref5SE tube sockets were soldered crooked to the board. I found a loose screw bouncing around inside the chassis when I unpacked it and found that the two crooked tube sockets were not even bolted down to the metal support on the main board. ARC apologized and replaced the brand new Ref5SE.

The replacement Ref5SE blew up after 600 hrs of use. A small component in the power section exploded with a single loud bang with smoke following.

To not end up with a nearly new but repaired preamp I upgraded to Ref10. The Ref10 power section also blew up after two months and only 390 hrs of use. One or more of the smaller white caps in the power section exploded (four or five significant and loud bangs with smoke). My dealer just informed me that ARC is going to replace the failed Ref10 against a brand new one.

I can not believe I am the only one having repeated problems with ARC's new gear!?

Feedback and comments will be greatly appreciated !
decibell
If I may inquire , Which ARC model are referring to here ? VAC most certainly utilise superbly designed and wound OPT's, probably better than equivalent ARC, however in a shoot out I would go with KT150 over 88's any day!
12-18-14: Hifimaniac
That's why I switched to VAC gear! Sounds better too!
Hmm! Weren't you singing a different tune when you had VAC Phi pre and mono amps? Why did you switch FROM VAC gear? LOL!

I'm not bashing but a big fan of VAC. I'm using a VAC pre and ARC amp and I prefer the current ARC amps. Will be much superior to MY ears when KT150s are off the bench.

IMO. it's the nature of boutique hand built industry. I've heard horror stories with many brands. The deal breaker for me is how they handle problems when occurs.

12-18-14: Don_c55

ARC buyers just like the sound, and put up with all the problems!
Sure, some drive Prius to save the earth (moon bats) and $$, Accord average in all categories and Porsche for performance. That's what makes the world turn.

Decibell, sorry to hear your troubles. I guess if you like ARC sound and ARC is providing you satisfactory/fair service, then stick with it. Otherwise, try getting a refund from dealer/ARC or swap for another brand. There's a saying bad luck happens in 3's so you should be all set now :-) GL!
I also have owned ARC amplifiers back to the D115 and had more than my share of problems with them and went to VAC. I owned an ARC VT200 mk2 and a Ref 110 with KT120 tubes both at the same time, then purchased a VAC Phi300.1. The VAC showed them both the door in every way you could think of and is still here, three and a half years with no issues.