UPS or should I Say Oooops

I had quite an experience in sending back a damaged amp which was sent to me via UPS back to the distributor via UPS. I went to the customer counter and even tho I added a 2nd box to the amp they would not take the amp w/o the orig box.

My question, has anyone here had a UPS damage claim paid when the item wasnt shipped in the orig manufact box?
128x128justlisten
UPS HAS A BIG PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE SHIPPING INSURED, ITEMS THAT ARE ALREADY BROKEN, IN AN ATTEMPT TO GET A NEW ONE FOR THE COST OF SHIPPING PLUS 35 CENT PER $100. aka, INSURANCE FRAUD. Us honest folks pay the price for this fraud.
UPS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST IN THE INDUSTRY!!!!! I have had too many problems with them and I have vowed to never use them again. Shipper and receiver beware!!!!!
Sean is right, ship heavy items with someone other than UPS, ALWAYS. UPS union workers are the ultimate poster kids for what's wrong with unions. You are correct Sean--they INTENTIONALLY damage items at the dock, I've seen this first-hand. Big heavy item coming down the conveyor belt. Two workers there to grab it and move it to the next station. Whoops! They'll "miss it", watch it hit the concrete dock floor (after its 6 foot drop) and then laugh. What a*holes. I have bought and (mostly sold) over 100 items in this site, and many many more on eBay and elsewhere. I've never had a single shipping problem. Why? 1. Expensive stuff goes FedEX, period. Even if I have to pay some of the ship cost. 2. Heavy and large items (like speakers) go BAX Global. Period. 3. I overpack everything. 4. I use USPS for inexpensive items (less than $500). 5. I never use UPS. YMMV...
Evansdad, what you have said is a lie. Anyone seen dropping packages and laughing would be fired. UPS is like a military operation. If you are 1 minute late you are written up. The only reason you have had luck with Fed-ex is because in the past fed ex shipments were air shipments.You are not comparing apples to apples. Why don't you compare UPS airservice with Fed-ex airservice. I suppose it never occurred to you that you were having less damages with Fed-ex because you were paying a lot more for air shipment. Had you payed for air service with UPS, you would have gotten the same level of service. I think you will find that Fed-ex ground which is really RPS is just as bad, I think worse, with damages. Mail Boxes Etc. is owned by UPS, which is why they are so kindly recommending that folks use them.
I have had to wage a long and protracted battle to get a claim paid for speakers shipped in original boxes. They are in the business of selling insurance and will try to wear you out if you file a claim. There are a lot of horror stories about UPS at other threads here you may want to check out. Also remember it is a lot easier for UPS to f*** over an individual than a big business client who spends a lot of $$ with them.