Sunfire Signature... what is this?

Recently bought a Sunfire Signature amp, believing I was getting the 600x2 model. The front panel has "Sunfire" above the Joules meter, and "Load Invariant High Fidelity Stereo Power Amplifier" below. A Bob Carver signature is on the upper left of the panel. The rear panel has "Sunfire Signature" just above the serial number (which starts with 99), and a lot of the other normal printing. The two speaker fuses are labeled "5 Amp SLO-BLO MDL/Q", and the AC line fuse is labeled "10 AMP MDA-10 120 VAC", which makes me question if this is a Sig-600. Any thoughts?
davidag
Twilo, the manuals suggest that the current source is possibly better for planar and/or ribbon speakers, the voltage source for conventional cone-type drivers. For the magnepans, I prefer the current source. Some classical pieces will bring tears to your eyes, the sound is so poignant.

You can also bi-wire, if your speakers allow for it.

I think "best" would definitely depend on the speakers you're driving, and the material you're playing.
Grannyring, Bill at Carver's repair (formerly Rita's) did work on my Cinema Grand... the service isn't cheap, but it's worth every penny. That amp got damaged by lightning, Bill brought it back to life. Soon, he'll be getting a look at this sig-six.
I own a Sunfire 300 and use both speaker outputs; VOLTAGE (traditional SS sound) to the woofers and CURRENT output to the tweeters. The current output is a more natural sound, for example, horns sound more realistic, less bright....but that's my taste.
The 600 Signature has a massive power supply and when u get it back from Bob Carver you will definitely love it.

PS... download the manual, it's very well written.
I've had mine (SS 600x2 and CG 405x5) since about '02 (and '06) and they're both KEEPER's . Incredible performance, never loses its "cool". I have had to replace the meter lamps once or twice. If they ever sound less than 100% it's time to seek out his techs and get it rebuilt. They're the last amps I hope to own.
Thanks! for sharing -Ricktpt.

Agreed, even that 1st Sunfire power amp circa 1995/96 is still a killer. Has not been anything like it (now or since). Other owners feel free to chime in here...
Keep me posted & Happy Listening.