Impulsive audio purchase

While browsing the "new today" offerings I came across 2 LP's I've always admired. before I knew what was happening my brainstem took over and I made a deal to purchase them. Afterwards reality set in and I realized I don't own a turntable and haven't for 20 years, I don't own a pre-amp, and my audio stand can't fit any more equipment. Am I insane or are ther others who have made a similarly impulsive decision? If you have did you later regret it? [ps-anyone got any suggestions on how I can explain this to my wife?
noonen
You are not alone. Once in a while my sensibilities take a vacation and I bid on an auction that looks like it might be a good deal. I have hit some real winners (Linn Index Monitors), and a few pieces of **** (AMC amp). Don't give up, most people who have this hobby are decent and honest, and for thoose who aren't, we learn from our mistakes.
Hi Sean, no I'm not single, but if I had hooked up with another audiophile not only would our house not have enough rooms, we would also run out of money FAST. Right now, I am down to two excellent systems, one on each floor of my townhouse (why the need for a stereo in every room? you tell me), and no extra equipment stashed under the beds, in the basement, or in the attic. I am proud of myself. for now.
Sarah
I made one rash, expensive consumer decision in my life - I bought a Bryston amp six months ago. Now I don't regret it but it just seemed to create more rash decisions. So my New Years resolution was to keep the rash decisions to software. Much cheaper. Maybe Ghostriders' right and that's the definition of an audiophile.
That's great Noonen, and yes I hate to say it but I tend to do that alot with the ease of the internet. Once I get it, it sheepishly sits in a corner or cabinet untill I finally sell it. Only problem is I can never find myself to buy it from myself so it's a sure 20% looser! But hey, look at the bright side, it's still a better investement than the stock market, so I guess you actually are making money. Yea, that's it, making big money! J.D.
I recently went on a tear of what I thought were rash buys ... I was hooked ... scanning New Today once every 15 minutes looking for a great deal. First it was a new AC3, then new amps, then speaker cables and stands. Every new part made the system sing unlike ever before. Then, last week a friend of mine brought a CJ pre over for me to listen to. I paid him on the spot and I am without the urge to keep upgrading. The sound is so far ahead of where it was the day before I can't stop pulling CDs off the rack and playing them. Now all I want to do is go buy newe CDs.