Do the Audio gods shine upon you?

Has anyone else had this experience or am I just nuts? You sit down for a quiet evening of Hi Fi listening and after some warmup time you suddenly realize that your system sounds dramatically better than it did the night before. I am talking about those little things like more resolution, low level detail. You know, those things that turn audiophiles on. I am almost afraid to turn my system on again for fear that the "audio gods" have abandoned me.
slowhand
You have described end result...I'm in that zone too...gear lets me listen to music and I'm having a good time, not analyzing equipment, a trap too many fall into in this wonderful hobby.
I think that if you cry out to the audio gods in suplication, wailing your lament at the beckoning dawn of vibratory frequencies, then with heartfelt prayer and the incantory words of sacrifice, your sublime wish shall be granted...plus you need some killer gear.
How nice to see this old thread revived! Thanks Chashmal!
We had so much fun here in years back.....
Whenever I get drawn into the music and forget the gear, music prevails. Whenever music prevails, the Audiogods shine. They do not shine, when the audiogear prevails in your mind.
The paradox in an Audiophile's life.
For me, the art of self-medicating, which I've efficiently honed over the years, has a lot of bearing on how and when the Audio Gods shed their light. My experiences attest to the fact that these Gods have a preference for life’s finer indulgences - The finer the single-malt, the smokier the blues; the finer the vintage, the smoother and deeper the soul; the purer the indulgence, the more refined the imaging. However…like dear old Dad always said….moderation, moderation, moderation!
2chnlben, you have hit the nail on the head threefold in fact:
1. It is selfmedication if and when the audiogods shine.
2.The auxiliar spirits you mention tend to deepen the beneficial effects.
3. No moderation tends to drive the elves away, alas......