Small Dedicated Listening Room???

My dedicated listening room is very small (12D x 10W). Because of this I have no choice but to listen in the nearfield. I would like to know if anyone else is challenged with similar listening enviroments and advice one might have reagarding speaker placement, room treatment, tweaks, etc. Thanks...
jla
This room needs a pair of Coincident Triumph SIG II with a rouge 88 tube amp and a rouge 66 pre amp.You should be able to get this set up used for 2500.New it would run 3800.00.Its a steal and perfect for the room.Speakers 3 feet from back wall 2 feet from side.You 7/8 feet from speakers.Use a good set of stands Atlantis are nice with spikes.Toe them in to your outer shoulder and sit back.A good CD player and your on your way to HI FI heaven.
Had very close situation to yours before. Suggest wall treatment at least with fiberglass panels for front side and rear walls. Don't over do it since too dead a room might be the result. If possible do the ceiling as well. I got very good pointers in Bob Harley's book. Invest in separate line for your system and wall plate and plugs. Concentrate on the setup and enjoy!!!!
Jla, I had the same situation until recently, now my room is fairly large. I had good sound in the small room, what worked for me was damping first side wall reflections only. I found that a small room can go dead pretty quick so you have to be careful or you'll get a lifeless sound. You almost need the reflection with minimal damping material, other than carpet. The biggest improvement outside of components and cables was the installation of dedicated lines in both of my rooms, I would recommend that if possible. Good luck.