Small Dedicated Listening Room???

My dedicated listening room is very small (12D x 10W). Because of this I have no choice but to listen in the nearfield. I would like to know if anyone else is challenged with similar listening enviroments and advice one might have reagarding speaker placement, room treatment, tweaks, etc. Thanks...
jla
I have a pair of B&W Nautilus 805 speakers in a 12' by 13' room. Bass, while not as low as in the Hales Rev 3s that I'm selling, is quite sufficient. I agree with the above comments, that you should be thankful for these circumstances, particularly because there are many great sounding low powered amps than high powered ones. It's amazing how little perceived difference there is between 50 watts and 25 watts. I bet you could get by with 25 to 30 watts per channel, assuming that your speakers are reasonably efficient. Good luck.
Acoustic treatments are your friends in that sort of a situation. If you treat the room, there is no reason that it should sound poor.
Try the Audio Physic method at immediasound.com. Works well for nearfield listening.
I also have the Nautilus 805's and suggest a REL sub. They are extremely musical and keep time perfectly with the B&W's. The Strata III is not huge and is amazing. It does more than add the low frequencies, it adds dimension and realism, and goes a long way if you also decide on 5 channel sound in the future.
I too have a small room and if can place the spkrs just right everything else is easy. Try some corner tunes and wall hangings. This will help on reflections. Although my amp is (aragon4004) has a lot of pwr it will provide dynamics with the music at moderate levels. (spkrs meadowlark kestrals) Good listening