Fuses that matter.

I have tried six different fuses, including some that were claimed to not be directional. I have long used the IsoClean fuses as the best I have heard. No longer! I just got two 10 amp slow-blows WiFi Tuning Supreme fuses that really cost too much but do make a major difference in my sound. I still don't understand how a fuse or its direction can alter sound reproduction for the better, but they do and the Supreme is indeed! I hear more detail in the recordings giving me a more holographic image. I also hear more of the top and bottom ends. If only you could buy them for a couple of bucks each.
tbg
I know from past experience that the use of the SR Tesla coil sound much better. So I'm anxious to hear their fuses done this way. I even had HiFi Tuning fuses zapped by them which also improved them. No chance of getting the Supremes zapped, however.
Mapman wrote,

"I suspect Geoff's comments and opinions expressed are easily attributable to his vested interest as a vendor of what many consider some of the most "controversial" and unexplainable audio tweaks in existence."

Actually I only discuss my products when directly questioned about them, and even as a vendor I'm just as free as you or anyone else here to discuss anything on these forums, even fuses, which has been my main topic of discussion. I trust you aren't suggesting vendors should be allowed here.

Mapman also wrote,

"My only explanation for Geoff's products is that he is either from the future or from some other planet whose technology is beyond the comprehension of even the most brilliant and highly educated audiophiles in existence today."

I am not from the future or another planet, but I am sufficiently educated and have the necessary experience for this hobby. "A sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." ~ Arthur C. Clarke

Mapman also wrote,

"Personally, were I a philanthropist in similar shoes, I would think I would seek to use my unequaled knowledge to solve bigger problems than the ones the rest of the audio industry has not already solved, but that is just me."

Well, that's very magnanimous of you. I guess you mean you would solve bigger problems as opposed to the navel gazing you do now. I have no such lofty aspirations, myself, and leave the bigger problems to those trained for such things.
06-10-12: Theaudiotweak
And if you look at a virtual system photo and in that pictorial is displayed proudly and prominently a in wall giant resonance collection chamber [a TV] a virtual time machine of phase errors and noise, a sure cause of time release headaches and in the picture of that TV display you see a mirror image of the proud owner reflecting at his desk, recording his self image at his listening position and behind that hot spot is a row of windows that reside over his shoulders. A picture of science at rest. Golly gee, sure example of someone who should be giving advice and reasoning on the viability of fuses making a marked change in anyone's audio system based on that reflective beam box, laser like and bouncing back between his eyes ....That is a standard of reference to judge what?
I'm going to make a suggestion, Audiotweak. Why don't you spend some time in the minor league practicing your swing before you take one at me. The post above is amateur hour. To wit...
...in that pictorial is displayed proudly and prominently a in wall giant resonance collection chamber [a TV] a virtual time machine of phase errors and noise, a sure cause of time release headaches and in the picture of that TV display you see a mirror image of the proud owner reflecting at his desk…
You seem to know a lot about me. Has the real stalker been revealed? Quick question: How in the world could you know whether I’m the kind of person who’s “proud of his TV”? By the fact that it hangs on the wall, like hundreds of thousands of similar TV’s in households everywhere? Talk about a leap of logic. I hope you don't get placed on any juries.

Anyone who's read my posts over the years already knows what I'm about to say... I’m not the kind of person who is proud of a TV, because I'm not mentally 15 years old. I’m proud of my wife. I’m proud of my best friend. I'm proud of some of my professional accomplishments. I’m proud of the work I did in psychotherapy. Hell, I'm proud of my dog. Oh, and I’m proud that I stand up to bullies like you. I am NOT proud that I own a TV and that it hangs on the wall. It's ridiculous that I even have to say that. Moving on...

In my system description, where you gleaned your insightful observations about my listening room, the first sentence of the second paragraph reads…
A customized sound blanket hangs in front of the TV when listening to music.
You can see a picture of it here. In addition to which, the windows at the back of the room have shades of considerable thickness, which are drawn closed when listening to music. I also have 8 large acoustical absorption panels on the ceiling and 2 large diffusors at the back of the room. And there's a thick rug on the floor. Does that sound like the "reflective pinball machine" you described?

Most of what I just said is listed on my system page. I suggest you take a moment to prepare before suiting up to play this game. And if you DID see those things on my system page, then your allegiance to the truth is comparable to the person you are implicitly defending. And we haven't even gotten to the real point...
Golly gee, sure example of someone who should be giving advice and reasoning on the viability of fuses making a marked change in anyone's audio system based on that reflective beam box, laser like and bouncing back between his eyes ....That is a standard of reference to judge what?
I have never, not on this thread or any other, claimed that my room is a model of good acoustics. I have never, not on this thread or any other, claimed that my room, or my system, is a “standard of reference.” Suggesting otherwise is a straw man of me, and one that wouldn't convince a child.

I’m afraid you’ve sacrificed your credibility on your very first move. You have as much chance now as you would sacrificing your queen on your first move. Audiotweak, I suggest you go back to tweaking. This isn’t your game.

Oh, and one last thing, which should be painfully obvious: Attacking someone for the quality of his system is utterly juvenile. Ahh… it just occurred to me. THAT’S why you thought I was proud of my TV. You were projecting your own juvenile priorities.

This projection bug is going around. I better remember to use my hand sanitizer.

Bryon
GEoff,

No I mean't what I said, not your spin on it. What could be clearer?

You're free to fire back but please do not put your thoughts in my mouth. Work on getting the facts straight!

I would not limit any vendor that disclose and acknowledge their financial interests in any way. Its all part of the learning process. Did you do that? Or was it left to others to make the connection?
Bryon that was a great response.

Reading it now, after I started the why do we argue post, summed up what I have been trying to say in a most elegant manner.

My amazement is that we are arguing about a device that costs less than 100 bucks.

It's not out of reach for anyone in this hobby.
Certainly not as out of reach as lets's say an MBL speaker and some Soulution gear is.

Really?If the fuse cost $1000.00 I would understand.

I've had first hand experience being ganged up on and ridiculed.Then fighting back and getting the upper hand with a few choice phrases,always followed by attempts of childish humour from the wounded.

I know that the cost of the most highly rated audiophile gear is outlandish and has created some bad feelings about the hobby.
At one time, such top flight gear was affordable and even I had some of the top TAS and Phile rated gear.

But we are talking chump change here.

You've hit the nail Bryon, it's not about the cost, or the fuse, it's all about who wants to be King of the Hill.