Problems with U.P.S.

I have had five problems with ups in two months. They have lost cod checks, destroyed a package that was packed in a crate, and even delivered a package to a completely diffirent address that was on the label. They even accepted a bank check with the wrong name on it. I am the only one having problems with them? Any recommendation on alternate shipping companies would be appreciated.
hobbes05
Has anyone in these comments rated UPS on their record of handling their responsibility to pay legitimate claims in a timely fashion? As far as I am concerned, my loss of ONE of a pair of rare and expensive monoblocks by them having used the drop-kick method to get it here, is total, and I will suggest to their inspector TOMORROW A.M. when he shows up that I will not budge from this position and that no negotiation over the matter is being offered. Do wish me luck as, for possibly others in love with high-end audio and the gear required to constantly up-grade systems, for me, this is a life-changing amount of money.
I bought a parasound amplifier about 8 months ago off of Audiogon and had it shipped to me COD. I got the amplifier in perfect condition and the driver took my money order and I thought everything was fine. Around 2 months later I got a letter from UPS asking me to pay the amount of the C.O.D. I explained to them that I had given the driver the money order when he delivered the amp and that in no way was I going to pay for it again. They continued to send me letters and each time I told them the same thing over and over. Then they started calling me and harassing me and threatening me with legal action and I basicly told them to stick it and do what they had to do. The funny thing is is that the money order was cashed so someone must of had it in their possession. I will never deal with them again. I have since moved, but I can only assume they are still lokking for me.
First: I've used UPS for a bunch of things: computers, stereo equipment, books, a lot of mail-order stuff.... I think I've had about a 20% damage rate -- but I haven't really been keeping track. I'm not a big UPS fan. --------------- Second: Grumpy: you should get a copy of your credit report from one of the big agencies. Your problem with UPS may later turn into a problem trying to get a loan for your next car or house.
UPS in an attempt to save money has hired an outside company in I think NJ. to handle COD. The contractor sucks and is screwing up all kinds of things but they are saving UPS money so that is all the company care about.