Power port, Venom, Watt Gate, or What?

As I have apparently overcome my resentment/reticence for power cords, being significant additions in a stereo system, recently, my question is "Are the rumors/statements regarding the notion of significant gains being realized by adding some after market outlets, MYTH or MAGIC?

I'm talking "noticeable" differences, now... not something you have to strain to hear or are system dependent... You know, one of those "Man I wish I had done that a long time ago." sort of things.

Is there an aftermarket outlet that is just flat out good to add to anything, or any system, and no question, as to an improvement being OBTAINED.

I have three dedicated 20 amp circuits, though using the 25 cent Home Depot 15 amp specials, still, as outlets for all the gear.

I'd really like to hear about this aspect. ..no, I haven't gotten past the resentment towards PLC's just yet. Just PC's, and maybe outlets... if you tell me there is an advantage, of course.

Thank you. . . as always
blindjim
Hospital grade it is... Leviton.
... an outlet seems just an outlet

That's what I thought too. In fact I had been using that same Leviton outlet before I went whole-hog for the Wattgate 381. Interestingly, Leviton makes the Wattgate too. I was highly skeptical, but it is indeed WELL worth the price if your rig is at a capable level.
Bob_bundus

What other outlets did you try? I went from pass & seymore hospital grade to PS Audio Power Ports and while I though the upgrade was worth it I must say I did not hear any real discernible audible differences. My dedicated lines made a nice improvement; lowered noise floor. I have considered trying wattgate.

Chuck
I was using Porter Ports from Albert Porter, tried some Oyaide Cryo'd outlets from www.cryo-parts.com and they sound smoother and the bass is tighter. I think its a big step up in performance. I also put some QuickSilver contact enhancer on the outlets too www.Xtremecables.com
I would like to add a great big thanks to all that shared their experience in this thread. THANK YOU!

I've yet to introduce the Hosp. grade outlets but they should be in by next week. I held off due to some 'power cord' appraisals I was involved with at the time, and didn't wish to add to the mix any NEW items. that's done. bought three from VooDoo. A Silver, and two Black Dragons. Very nice indeed, given the improvements to the rig and their overall cost.

My current "NEXT' addition will likely be either speaker cables, or a power conditioner. I'm leaning to the PC. Oddly enough, I'm inclinded to go with a passive conditioner that does not limit current, and has the versatility to incorporate 'digital' & standard devices... my dilema is now which one, and how much...?

The PS power director seems a genuine good idea. I thought at first the 200, then thought better of it. I still have not ruled out the notion of an 'active unit' ... we'll see.

the addition of the PC should dispose of the issue with outlets altogether. If it can give me a likewise or better, improvement, as did the power cords, I'll be a happy camper... or at least a 'happier' one.

Now which one? but that's in another thread... Thanks folks.