Opinions: Neuance Shelf for Linn Sondek Lp12 TT

Let me start off by saying that I am using a wall mount system with steel points under the shelf. The shelf is nothing special, just laminated MDF. Problem is, I am getting some vibration in the shelf and I would imagine the table. Linn's Ivor Tiefenbrun recommends a rigged and light weight shelf. A Neuance shelf appears to fit the bill, rigged, light weight, inexpensive, and has some good review. Other than that I know little about Neuance by Greater Ranges. What do you think?
And does anyone know what is up with Neuance? I have written them twice, days ago and still no response...
128x128r_f_sayles
I use Neuance shelves under my Linn (on a rack) and under my CDP. I think it's a great product and an outstanding value.
Richard,
I from time to time feel your pain on the "particular" equipment bashing. You know well enough, Krell/B&W800's is a amp/speaker match made in heaven. Great synergy there. I think people still under estimate the complexity of amp/speaker matching.
As for the long wall, I have an old marble fire place in the mix that nixes that. Israel Blume of Coincident recommends that the Total Eclipses be placed a minimum of 24” of the back wall, 48” apart, 8’ from listener, and they’re 22” deep. So that doesn’t leave a whole lot left. A little side note. My experience proves he's spot on.
I had 9th row just left of center seats at Detroit Symphony Hall for years, coincidently. Thanks for the remarks anyway.
Lugnut,
Your good!
Thanks for not letting the nah sayers stifle your comment. I don't know if I could be called a classic Linnie in that I love my tube amps. Ivor has the source handled for my analog and digital. I also have an Ikemi CD player and I like it very much. Linn undersold that deck imo.
As for the Lp12, Suspension is not out of adjustment, not using a non-felt mat or any other tweak that couples the suspension/record. No clamp.
I think I’ll try the Neuance shelf and look to bolster up things in the basement under the wall. The thing is, the sound is pretty good. It’s just when I touch the shelf it self, I feel quite a bit of resonance. That can’t be good. Even if the table takes care of most of it. I just want to tweak out that last little bit! Thanks again
R f sayles,

I'm not a classic Linnie either with my tube preamp, a Supratek Syrah. Linn does so much right but their attitude with consumers, with fairly rare retailers being the exception, is abysmal. The Ikemi is a killer piece for the money, especially used. Life expectancy with Linn gear is phenominal.

I don't have the issues you are facing as I built my rack and it is placed on a concrete floor. One thing I did do when I was building the clone of the original Linn stand was place a piece of rigid fiberglass below the shelf the table sits on with an air gap between it and the shelf. I honestly don't know if this helped or not but it surely didn't hurt. It's the same material you can buy for hood insulation when restoring cars. This is something you may be able to do as well. It would at least keep the underside of the shelf from being attacked by air borne vibrations. At least that was my theory.

Good luck.

Patrick
Perfectionist, Thanks for the heads up on Ken and Neuance. Summer is here and I can't blame a guy for getting out. I hope the Neuance works for you. I think I'll go ahead on one when Ken gets back. If it auditions good, under the CDP as well, maybe a second one. It will obviously be a while but, I will post my results for you and everyone else after I have had the time to evaluate things. I would be interested to hear what you think of yours. Cheers!