Graphic Equalizer --Ugh

I'm thinking that I need to try a graphic equalizer in my system and have come across the Behringer FBQ3102 (analog)and the DEQ1024 (digital). Does anyone have experience with these or perhaps some others? I don't want to adjust low freq very much, if any, but want to try compensate for some overly bright CDs.
Thanks
cford
I expect a lot of Audiogoners would urge you to eschew equalizers, but I think they're OK for the right applications.

I'm happy with a Rane ME 60, a semi-pro analog stereo equalizer with thirty sliders per channel featuring one-third octive bands. Alternatively, the old Cello Palette was well regarded as a high end product back in its day. It had fewer bands, but it may be more appropriate for your hot CD-taming needs. Sorry I have had no experience with the Behringers.
You ought to consider also the Behringer DEQ2496. It has a 31 band graphic equalizer, but also has a parametric equalizer, a 61 band real time display, auto-equalization, (neat!) and some other features. It costs,with the calibrated mic and cable, about twice as much, but still cheap by audiophile standards. The DEQ1024 seems to use the same 24 bit 96KHz digital stuff, which, to me, sounds good. I can't hear any difference when the digital processing is bypassed (A/D and D/A with the EQ flat).

Check them both out on the Behringer website.
If you have a tape loop, and you are only going to use this EQ on poorly recorded CD's, get something simple and inexpensive, put it in the tape loop and only put it in into the chain when necessary. You are already getting compromised sound with the poor CD, why waste your money on a fancy solution.

I have no experience with the EQ's you mention. The last one I owned was a 10 band (each channel) Audio Control - fairly decent unit. I now keep a Perreauz 3 band tone control in my tape loop for bad lps and cd's, but don't seem to use it often.

Conversely, if you going to put it between the amp and pre-amp, which I would not recommend, get the best you can afford if you are at all fussy about your audio.
If you need one use it. Most likely, the source material you are listening to has been run through one in the recording process!!