What stole your attention from HiFi?

Hey folks.

Its been a while since ive been on here. My interests have recently taken a massive swing away from the audio hobby.
This happens from time to time, but i usually end up back here.

The newest attention stealer is my car. Black 2004 Mustang GT. Been doing a lot of work on it to make it faster and meaner. Man, Cars are almost as bad and as expencive as hi-fi. Hell, if i woulda bought a boombox and dumped the cash i blew on audio gear, my stang would be pushing 600HP at the rear and smoking dodge vipers. ROFL

What has stolen your attention in the past from Hi-Hi?

Cant say "kids", that is too easy of a cop out. ;)
slappy
Hey Slapster, good to see you again!

Between spring and summer last year my '99 M3 had me turned away from audio for a bit. It went into the shop a couple times for some "goodies", and I just had too much fun throwing it around after, heheh. Plus, doin' all the research which led up to the mods meant I was in different chat forums other than the 'GoN arguing with 19 year old kids.

If you didn't spend all that cash on your home rig, you coulda taken your car over to Idaho and had Pat "Whipple" Malone [Lugnut] do the nasty with it. I'm sure you woulda liked what the evil professor would have done to her.
Hey Gunbei!

I hear you about the chat rooms. Ive been lurking around on a mustang forum recently and you can always tell how old somone is by the way they type. Kids these days have no grammer skills. And coming from me that is pretty BAD!!!!!!

Here is a little gem i got off one of the people who will be running our planet some day. This was in thier "Smack Talk Forums"

"If u thnik u can outshift tuned auto u luky adn thnk u can tak it too the trak and race me somday beyotch and that chin lip is gey and u r gey and i hoep you rek yor stang cuz yer so gey"

Now, the freakiest part about the person who posted this 18 year old actually has a drivers licence and a heavily modded supercharged 4.6l V8 that he can run a 1/4 mile in the mid 11's.... holy crap.

Maybe i got a little bit spoiled being on the 'gon. Total culture shock going from a forum that has as so many educated people vs. the boards that seem to draw all the elementary school dropouts. ROFL I'm having fun with them over there though, there are some good people on there. A lotta annoying little punks, but some good people too

Im definatly having fun with the car though, i got an X-pipe setup with sraights and cold air intake. Talk about a thunderous roar when that baby takes off! It can set off car alarms! Got plenty of plans for my baby. :) I got some custom designed "281" (4.6l displacement) fender emblems that say "Support our troops" beneath them. Its lookin pretty nice. The old 1969 BOSS 429 is a big influence on what im doing with my car.

So lugnut is quite the mad doctor huh? heh, we might have to talk. I really want to customise this mustang as much as possible but keep it true to the old school muscle cars. None of this little japanese rice bruner car influence here!
Hey Slappy, If you want to keep it true to the old school muscle cars? Why not sell your 04, & jump into a 05 body style? I was drooling over a 05 light green metallic 2005 convertable GT on a lot just the other day. I snatched a brochure, & have to admit it stole my attention from HiFi for a few minutes!