Where has the respect gone?

I have a middle of the road audio system. I built my own speakers with a Seas Odim kit, a Rogue 99 mag., a Esoteric DV-50, built my own 200 watt power amp, BPT 3.5 Signature Plus, upgraded Sansui TU-717, Revelation Audio Labs Testament speaker wire, HMS rca's and power cords and Virtual Dynamics Testament power cord and Soundstrings rca's too! I have many other pieces I am working on and trying to sell but I have started to notice a trend in some Audiogon members. It is kinda getting like other internet selling places, where there is no respect for each other. I am like everyone else and that I want the best deal but I try to be respectful to the seller or buyer. I have probably not been that to all and for that I am sorry and I ask your forgiveness. It seems like lately things are starting to change and I do not believe it is necessary to change. I have not been a member from the first but it makes no difference if I was the first member or the last member, just sign in we need to have respect for each other. I hate to see Audiogon turn into what some of the others are in lying and cheating for a dollar or just being rude. Let us all remember to respect the other person and let this stay a fun job, hobby or whatever it my be to you! Remember it starts with us all!
ezekiel
I have a member sending me nasy emails for years. He left me a - feedback thinking I was somebody else he realized his mistake and retracted but still sends me insulting emails. Other members dont seem to read the add ask ? like does it have a box or where are you located what is the condition ,these are all covered in the add .But I still answer.Then you get the bottom dollar guys ,you list a very low firm price.And they ask many many ? like above, only to follow with whats your bottom dollar. As a child I sold antiques and live bait later used motorcycles .People act dif. when they want to purchase .I havent seen a increase , its just human nature.
Yes, there are many nice people on Audiogon, but there are others that are rude, condescending, insulting, and just downright nasty. They seem to thrive on degrading those who ask questions they think are stupid, or those they have taken a dislike to. And some of these are popular posters on Audiogon as well. Interestingly, I note that some of those I'm thinking of have not posted to this thread. That should tell you something. I've taken some of their abuse in my threads.

You are absolutely correct, this should be a place where people have a common bond and be thankful that they can meet and converse with others that share this hobby. It's nice that you, Ezekial, have had the guts to stand up and say this, and I'm glad you did.
Hi guys,

Well, it was suggested above that people politely call out those who are being needlessly rude. So I did, and boy did it backfire. All sorts of accusations from the other end. In retrospect, it seems like the best thing would have been to just ignore it. So that, I guess, is my suggestion. When someone posts something rude, the best thing to do is just go on with life.
Ignoring is fine if it's an isolated incident. However, the guy I fine to very rude on a very regular basis hits every thread I'm interested in(hint: analog), and leaves his footprints, fingerprints and buttprints on all of them. The sad part is that he is obviously knowledgeable, but has no social interaction skills whatsoever. Ignoring him just doesn't work. We've tried...Cheers,
Spencer
Lousyreeds1, I have to agree with Sbank. So long as it's an isolated incident. However, like, Sbank, I too know of one whom I consider to be nothing more than an opportunist (when he's not Mother Theresa and he's not Ralph Nader) who is always on the prowl ready to destroy whomever he can when the opportunity is right for him.

At this point in time I show no mercy for him whatsoever, as I've witnessed his attempts to destroy entire civilizations! Oops, I meant companies, reviewers, magazines, and enthusiasts alike for not following him or his advice.

Why not let it go? Because I've witnessed too much desctruction by this one-man-wrecking machine and I've tried just walking away several times, even giving his maturity the benefit of the doubt. But every single time he has turned out to be just like the ACLU. He never, ever loses, he just keeps coming back again and again until he finally wins.

Besides, if I only destroy he who is trying to destroy many, am I not entitled to at least a little fun?

-IMO