What's Going On?? Sound changes every night

O.K., this is what I'm experiencing: Some nights my system is superb and I just get sucked in and have to force myself to stop. This will be for 2-3 night and then all of a sudden, the next night or three, the music looses life and I can't get involved. The sound looses high end sparkle and extension. Things sound closed in a bit and percussions instruments that the night before were right in front of me are now fake with a closed in and shelved down presentation. Cymbals no longer sound like wood sticks on bronze but as if someone threw a blanket btw me and them.

Is this a power conditioning problem? I use a hospital grade outlet but not a dedicated circuit and no power conditioners. Or could it be my DAC which is a Perp Tech w/ Level 2 WrightMods and cryo treament. When the system works right I couldn't be happier but it seems something weird is going on every few days or so. Could it possibly be coming from the local power company and I need some sort of powerful line conditioner?

System:

Merlin TSM-MX speakers
REL Strata III subwoofer
Air Tight ATM300 stereo amp
Joule-Electra LA150 pre-amp
WrightModded Perp Tech DAC
CEC transport or Marantz SE 5 disc changer as transport
Cardas Golden Reference interconnects
TG Audio speaker cables
tomryan
I have had this problem also, as has an audio buddy of mine. The most we can figure is that the line is cleaner and more stable at some times than at others. I have measured the voltage and it changes when the weather is hot, late at night, higher and more stable over time. I don't know if thisisthe reason but itmakes sense. I am considering an AC regenerator such as a PS Audio P-300 to solve this problem. Pure, perfect power forever( Ha, Ha)
What's your location status? Urban / Sub - live at the end of a cul-de-sac. Happen all year or only parts of? Any particular time of night?
Could be an electric problem, but it could also be you and the attitude (mood) you bring to the listening session. Stress, hormones, noise exposure, amount of sunlight, barometric pressure, etc. all effect you ability to relax. While not a panacea to real problems, sometimes just stop worrying about the sound quality can greatly increase the enjoyment of listening to music.