Cry me a river

I know this is a vry touchy subject but was just wondering how many of the Audiogoners have been overwhelmed by a particular piece of music and have shed a tear or two?

If you could give the information about the music that would also be great which actually would go down as music which could touch your soul in a way no other has. We may just compline a list of "Most touchy music that you have heard"

For me it has been the following:

Recent:
Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven

Once upon a time:
If you leave me now - Chicago
I'm not in love - 10cc
128x128quadophile
Hey Y'all,

Jennifer Warnes, "Somewhere, Somebody", from "The Hunter"
Jennifer Warnes, "The Well", from "The Well"
Ironically, I heard both of these songs for the first time at The HE Show in NY. The first in '02, if I remember correctly, and the other this year and yes, upon listening to each them for the first time, I wept like a baby.

Lyle Lovett, "She’s' Already Made up Her Mind", from “Joshua Judges Ruth"..........John
Great thread!

On Aretha's gospel album (the one after she was famous), the first song or two are by a very good choir. Before Aretha comes out. They sound good. Then Aretha comes out, and just blows me away with her range and power. I cried the first time I heard it.

I've also cried at really sad songs (like Eric Clapton's song about the loss of *his* son), but this was different in that it's not a sad song, just the power of the music itself, that made me cry.

- Eric
James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
Carol King - So Far Away
Aretha Franklin - Killing me Softly with his song
Elton John - Candle In The Wind, Your Song
Greatest love song of 70s
I'm Not In Love 10CC
Could this Be Magic Barry Manilow
The Way We Were - B. Streisand

I can type all day with favorites
George Benson- The Greatest Love of All

Donny Hathaway- "We're Still Friends" from Donny Hathaway Live ATCO SD 33-386

Can't play these when anyone is around. And I change the station if Benson's rendition comes on the radio.

Meanwhile, Whitney Houston's version of The Greatest Love of All does absolutely nothing for me. Go figure.
Speaking of live. I was at my dad's funeral last week and a guy played Amazing Grace on a cello. The bad news was I had to give the eulogy right after that. It was a tough act to follow. So I`m not looking forward to hearing that song again in the near future. By the way, Dad knew the Lord. Dan