Time to reflect - why do you post on Audiogon.....

Obviously the majority of posters are seeking help making decisions about purchases, but there exists an underlying group of regular contributors and it is to these folks that I address this question. I'll start -

I love this hobby and music. I've gotten valuble help over the years, as well as having been skinned by opportunists and my own imagination. When I discovered this site a few years ago it appeared to be an excellent place for me to help those whom I can to enjoy the hobby as I do and, at the same time, provide a few with warnings about certain pitfalls and myths. I do not work in the industry nor do I sell product (not even my own stuff - you have to see my closet!) My reward comes on those few occasions when I know I have helped some one or even rarer occasions when some one takes a moment to say thanks.

Why do you post?
newbee
Milkman, I wondered how you had to for so many posts recently. Sorry to hear about your situation. I always thought the internet was a great commode!
I post, therefore I am. Although I read more than I post. I guess that means I should say I post less than I read therefore I am...less!? No wait a minute that did not come out right either. Ah forget it that's why I just read more than I post.

Seriously though, you regular contributors are great. A'gon is like my audio specific daily newspaper.
As a music fan first and audio hobbyist next I try to take that approach when I post.

My passion for music has never wavered but I read on here that quite a bit of faith has been lost in the quality of modern music.

I try to show that there is great music available now and lesser heard older music available and whatever your bag is you can usually find something or indeed try another bag.
I looked up this old post today - sort of a sanity check for me and some remotivation to continue, if I decide to do so.

Perhaps others might like to think about it from their own perspective as they did here. Post if you like.

FWIW.