best sounding integrated for under 2500.00

just getting back into audio. want this to be my last purchase. like smooth warm sounding equipment as i listen to alot of metal and rock from the 80s. this can sound harsh on alot of equipment. been researching for months and im getting more confused by the minute. i thought creek destiny or krell 300 might do the trick. any other suggestions. powering psb stratus golds.
vikingnick
has anybody heard or auditioned Atoll integrateds. someone told me about these and after some research they sound like what im looking for. i just dont know about reliability.
I have a new Bel Canto C5i, that is absolutely amazing. I have it matched up with an AppleTV and Klipsch Heresy II's with Crites crossovers, woofers and tweeter diaphrams, and it's absolutely stellar.

Great integrated DAC and it has a MM phono stage, which I have yet to use. Great for a second system for me, and it's beautiful as all of their gear is.
Two integrateds that I'm surprised to see haven't been mentioned and that you might consider would be the Ayre, which can generally be had for less than $2k used, and the Naim NAIT 5i. Both make music.

Happy listening.
I have the Atoll components. Great sound, never had a problem.
You can get Atoll AM200 power amp and PR300 pre for $2200 from
http://www.musicalsounds.us/opbxspl.php
Rega Elicit, Plinius 9200 ( maybe a bit over your budget but worth it, imo) the Creek Destiny is very good unless it breaks, damhik, ARC Vsi55, Atoll is also a nice piece, but weak resale value I'm afraid.